Gifting Games

by Nanostronghold

Original Post

Re: Gifting Games

★★★ Newbie

Note to EA - I would really like to buy copies to play with my friends. Now I cannot. Thanks for missing out on revenue.

Message 31 of 89 (2,010 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So let me get this straight. The only way to do it at all is if your friend gives you his private sensitive information, you use that to log into his account, input your private and sensitive information into the payment options and buy the game like that? And according to EA, this is the only SAFE way?

Message 32 of 89 (1,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Your regional markets are really frustrating.
In attempting to purchase a game for a friend in the EU it doesnt work at all even with his login info 

Way to be exclusive...  and not in a good sense.

Message 33 of 89 (1,640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I personally have 2 copies of ME1, 3 copies of ME2, and 2 of ME3 between Origin, Steam, and PS3. One of my boyfriend's friends who has it on XBL said he'd totally play with me if I bought him the game, but... The only way to buy someone the game is to log into their account or buy them credit through Amazon? And the first option is supported by EA? ISN'T THAT BREAKING THE TERMS OF SERVICE? Pretty sure that's breaking the terms of service and could result in all accounts in question being shut down.

Seriously. What is this company thinking? They already lost money off my boyfriend due to an issue with his client and Battlefield. They're losing tens of thousands off this stupid lack of sight. Not even foresight, as that'd imply that it'd be something not common at all. Gifting things through the client or through the website is one of the most basic things ever. You can gift people subscriptions for Netflix through their service. You can gift people subscriptions for Hulu through their service. You can gift people games AND STRAIGHT UP COLD CASH on Steam. What the hell??

Message 34 of 89 (1,575 Views)

★ Novice

This thread is two years old and this is still an issue.

Worse, EA appears to be telling people to break their own terms of use.

The funniest part to me is that people have attempted to call them on it via customer support and get nowhere. 

Asleep at the wheel much, EA?

Message 35 of 89 (1,563 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump, still no gifting?

Is there any progress on that feature?

Message 36 of 89 (1,322 Views)

Community Manager
Unfortunately we don't have any updates to provide to this feature request. The team is aware that many of you would love to see this, hopefully we will be able to implement it at some point in the future.

Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Message 37 of 89 (1,307 Views)

★ Novice

In other words, if you know and trust your friend, just borrow his/her password, sign in as them and buy it for them. A rediculous workaround, but one that does work.

Been plain EA games since the mid eighties, remember M1A1 tank platoon? Please work on this feature EA!

Message 38 of 89 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA_Nits, please tell us the exact reasons why.

Is it because 'eastern markets' get games cheaper? than just RESTRICT GIFTING TO BE INTRA-REGION ONLY!!! would that be so hard?
Gonna wait a few more months, then never use Origin ever again and discourage everyone I know from using it too.

Seriously, it looks like you just *want* to lose to Steam on all fronts.

Message 39 of 89 (1,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's 2015, EA, why is gifting still an issue? I wanted to play Sims 4 with my friend and now I can't, cause I can't even gift him a simple game: now it makes me not want to buy it at all, not for me nor for him, regardless of any sale. This is ridiculous.

Message 40 of 89 (1,073 Views)