Re: Gifting Games

by Straatford87

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@EA_Nils
Thanks for the info. I live in Bangladesh and apparently, it seems that cash cards aren't available in my country. Also, when purchasing games, the currency is shown as Rs (Indian rupees) instead of Tk (BDT).

I can buy steam wallet cards from this store:https://impex.com.bd/product/steam-wallet-code/
They just mail me the redeem code and done.

-Sami.
Message 71 of 89 (1,327 Views)

Community Manager

@RiasatSalminSami Hi,

Thanks for the PM.

Unfortunately your message was accidentally caught in our automatic spam filter system, I have rescued it since. 

We don't have a similar offer for Bangladesh available currently, but let's see what the future brings.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 72 of 89 (1,328 Views)

★ Apprentice

Gifting is still not possible?

That's a big opportunity really wasted then.

Or is there an ETA when it will be available?

Message 73 of 89 (1,299 Views)

Community Manager

@HellsDelight Hi,

It is a frequently requested feature that we have passed on to the team for consideration in the future. At this time I am not aware of our plans for implementation however.

Should that change in the future, I will let you know.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 74 of 89 (1,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA has to be losing quite a bit of money with this decision.  Lame.

Message 75 of 89 (1,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to gift my friend FIFA, and apparently gifting isn't a thing, so waste of 20 bucks. I'm not going to be able to get the money back until after the sale is over, so fantastic. My support person told me to repurchase the game from his account. So basically, by having the policy to "Never give your password to anyone", they just broke it by explaining to me the only way to get a game for him is to get his password, log onto his account and buy it there. Alternatively, but not mentioned, you could give them your Credit Card, but that, much like the password, SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN TO ANYBODY. Also, on my way to purchase FIFA for the second time, they should at LEAST say that there is no gifting somewhere noticeable, so we don't have to dig through a multi-paragraph contract to see that. My question is, at least I'm fortunate enough to live near the person I want to buy this game for, but what if he lived in another state? Would I have to ship him the cash from my bank so he can put it in his bank to purchase the game with? Is that really the only "secure" method? Either implement gifting, move your "exclusives" to steam, an already tried and true service, or at least say somewhere that isn't in the fine print.

Message 76 of 89 (1,140 Views)

EA DICE Team

@jtpjr1234

At the moment we simply don't offer a gifting method via Origin. You are however free to gift a physical copy of a game if you would like to do so - this is currently the best and most secure option.

And as you stated yourself: never give out your password or credit card details. What my colleague might have been referring to is being there physically to make the payment on your friends account, and afterwards removing all your payment data.

Message 77 of 89 (1,133 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm pretty much sure(99.99%) that Gifting will not come in Origin in next 5 years Tongue out
Message 78 of 89 (1,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@RiasatSalminSami @Nanostronghold @jtpjr1234 @rmhurt2

Proved you wrong! Tongue out

I am excited to share with all of you that the Origin gifting and wishlist function is now available:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Origin-Spotlight-Gifting/td-p/5716904

And please do share if you have any cool stories about connecting with friends due to gifting, or something exciting that is on your wishlist!

Message 79 of 89 (3,742 Views)

★ Apprentice
Woah!

Thanks a lot EA. I am happy to be proved wrong. But now, happy shopping :D

Finally can buy games.
Message 80 of 89 (971 Views)