Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
EA_Ursula
XP: 1,588
Solutions: 2,816

Gamertag / PSN ID and EA Origin account - Connection & Changes

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Here some useful information about your Gamertag / PSN ID and your EA Origin account.

You can always see which Gamertags / PSN IDs are linked to your account on https://profile.ea.com - My Account.

Your Gamertag/PSN ID and EA Account should be correctly linked when you first access an EA game online. However, if the email address for your Gamertag/PSN ID is different than the address for your Origin account, you will require assistance to properly link them. This can be done by contacting an EA Game Advisor. Please include your Gamertag/PSN ID and the e-mail address for your EA account.

You may be having trouble importing your XBox Live Gamertag or Playstation Network info if it is linked to an account other than your main EA account. To recover or make changes to your XBox Live Gamertag or PSN ID, be sure to contact a game advisor.

Keeper
gi0nburn

Re: Gamertag / PSN ID and EA Origin account / BSN account - Connection & Changes

Hi,

First of all many thanks for the useful  information you've given, I've 1 of these situations but do you have any idea how long normally it should take to make the changes come up.

Keeper
dreadpirater

I need my xbox live account connecting to my origin account

I need my xbox live account connecting to my origin account any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Keeper
dreadpirater

Re: I need my xbox live account connecting to my origin account

Is this the only way to get hold of an EA person to sort it out ?

Keeper
dreadpirater

Re: I need my xbox live account connecting to my origin account

[ Edited ]

Apparently now the games are on the account it cant be linked the customer service just said over the phone, great. Useless.

Keeper
yermucker

Re: Gamertag / PSN ID and EA Origin account - Connection & Changes

I got need for speed most wanted at xmas, on trying to link my origin account to my gamertag i found its linked to an old EA account from years ago. I was on the phone to support and when i got through the guy asked me my DOB and the email address to which it was registered, obviously the DOB was fine, however it seems it was registered to an email address i havent used in what must be 10+ years. I asked was the no other questions he could ask to verify i was who i said i was, he said no, all he had was the old email address and a date of birth. I knew the first 4 letters in the email address as they were my EA user name for ages, but i couldnt remember the numbers, understandable when i havent used it in so long. Long story short, i was told i cant link my gamertag to my origin account now, which means i cant use any EA game that runs through origin as it should be used. Anything you can do to sort this? Ive had my account for an age, I got 99% of the email address correct, the date of birth was correct. Surely this cant be the be all and end all of it. There has to be a way this can get sorted.

Keeper
yermucker

Any chance of a reply here, considering this is where cus...

Any chance of a reply here, considering this is where customers are directed for help, you would think someone would bother answering it, or is this ust another example of EA and the poor customer service we came to expect?

Keeper
rizzymayne

hello

very important. linked my persona to my other account and need to switch it back. how to?

eaursula wrote:

Hi everyone,

Here some useful information about your Gamertag / PSN ID and your EA Origin account.

You can always see which Gamertags / PSN IDs are linked to your account on https://profile.ea.com - My Account.

Your Gamertag/PSN ID and EA Account should be correctly linked when you first access an EA game online. However, if the email address for your Gamertag/PSN ID is different than the address for your Origin account, you will require assistance to properly link them. This can be done by contacting an EA Game Advisor. Please include your Gamertag/PSN ID and the e-mail address for your EA account.

You may be having trouble importing your XBox Live Gamertag or Playstation Network info if it is linked to an account other than your main EA account. To recover or make changes to your XBox Live Gamertag or PSN ID, be sure to contact a game advisor.

You need to log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category", and "Platform" to see the contact options.

Keeper
keeperofspirits

Is there a way to report eaursula's comment as frisking useless. I can't get a hold of an ea contact to save my life and I need to connect my gamertag to origin so I can access battlefield 3 battlelog
Keeper
nightsshadow1982

How do you remove a Gamertag that was added to an Origin account? Someone created an Origin account using my email address.