Re: For your own good EA, re-add Czech language into Origin

by Straatford87

Original Post

EA DICE Team

@COKOLADOVY_PAREK

I happen to be Dutch myself.. Standard smile

The concern you've brought up is certainly valid, and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your constructive reply.

I cannot promise that we will see additional languages added to Origin soon, but I would like you to know that I serve as the voice for players when passing on information internally. This is to make sure that you are heard when providing feedback to us.

Message 11 of 21 (1,605 Views)

EA DICE Team

@stromokocour

Noted - thanks for taking the time to provide an extra explanation.

Message 12 of 21 (1,549 Views)

EA DICE Team

@stromokocour

All information and requests that are posted here on the forum get forwarded by myself to the Origin team. However, we are not able to honor all requests, such as in this case adding back the Czech language to the client. At other times we can still honor requests, but they will take time.

You have a couple of more questions that I will address for you below:

• We do not refund games outside our normal refund policy.
  • You can close your account, but in doing so you will permanently lose access to all your content, which cannot be retrieved. I highly advise against this. If you still wish to close your account, then please reach out to an Advisor.
Message 13 of 21 (1,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@stromokocour

Sorry that we couldn't honor your request in this situation. The Czech language is still available within our games for you to enjoy, so hopefully that will give you the gaming experience that you are looking for.

In the meantime, we might still introduce the Czech language to the client again at some point in the future, though I don't have anything concrete to to share about that at the moment.

For now, I will mark this thread as resolved as I don't have any further information to add to the discussion. You are of course still free to leave your feedback in this thread.

Message 14 of 21 (3,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Tom,

i am completely upset too, that EA removed czech language from Origin client, where in previous version of the client Czech language was included. The only one language of client translation removed is Czech. I really dont understand why?  Maybe americans hate us. For first they canseled Czech EA branch, and now they deleted Czech language from client? EA has Czech translation Of Origin client, so i just dont understand why they did not included it to the new version of client. Our money smell them bad? Or EA dont want czech community to play their games? I still believe EA will add Czech language (translation) to the Origin client, which they have and it cannot be too much work to do this.

Message 15 of 21 (1,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, I am considering filing a lawsuit against gaming publishers for discrimination of minority Czech language. EA is one of them. I still hope to review your attitude.

Message 16 of 21 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

I talked about it with my friends from Greece and if I remember correctly they said that Greek was removed too.  If Greek was indeed removed as well its possible Czech and Greek were removed due to technical difficulties because both languages have unique letters (such as Ř for Czech), not sure, just a speculation, again its something which is easily fixable.

Message 17 of 21 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

As a lawyer, in case you mean lawsuit seriously and its not just a threat, I hope that you are aware that EA is an international private corporation and that not having a national language of the country they operate in is not breaking the law even though its... questionable.

I myself don't have any problem with English whatsoever, in fact, I'm using it daily in my work. However, after using it a whole day I just like to chill out and at the moment, Origin client is not providing that.

If you want to show you don't approve EA decision to remove czech language from origin, your best bet is to shop in rival online stores which use Czech language before EA re-adds the Czech language, in the meantime I spent over 1000$ dollars in stores which have Czech language, I hope that one day I will get to spend money on Origin again. 

Cheers, have a nice day

Message 18 of 21 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

Zdravím, předně k výmluvě typu složitých znaků - Origin se sice od samého počátku potýká s technickými problémy a jeho funkčnost je podle mého nejhorší ze všech klientů, ale když jsou  možné složité znaky jako např. u polštiny, finštiny či asijských zemí, nevidím důvod, proč by nešly naše, nehledě na to, že již nějakou dobu fungovaly. Spíše si myslím, že by se mohlo jednat o technická omezení v počtu jazyků pro "bezproblémový" chod zpackaného Originu. Ale Origin jako takový mě netrápí. Mně vadí, že prakticky vymizela čeština z oficiální distribuce. Problematiky mezinárodní společnosti jsem si vědom. Jsem ale názoru, že pokud je u nás jakákoliv hra oficiálně distribuována prostřednictvím lokálního zastoupení, a nejen prostřednictvím digitálního prodeje, měl by mít lokální distributor právo rozhodnout, zda chce nebo nechce češtinu ve hře. Nejde tedy prakticky už přímo o EA, ale jeho českého distributora ABC Data a další, jako je kupř. Cenega.Pokud tento distributor řekne, že chce češtinu, že ji dokáže financovat, mělo by být automatické, aby lokalizace vznikla. Pokud ne, není místní distributor prakticky k ničemu. Vím, je to spíše tedy problematika místních distributorů, ale ti jsou zase úzce spjati s vydavateli (vymlouvají se na ně). Trochu začarovaný kruh, ale pokud je vůle, neměl by to být problém, pokud vůle není, musí být vidět, že je to špatně. Zajímavé ale je, že u hry Battlefield 1 čeština nebyla, přesto překlad u EA vznikal (a to i při updatech hry), jen se nedostal k hráčům, což by ukazovalo na technické obtíže. Opravdu nechápu, proč nejsou schopní přiznat pravdu. Co má tedy našinec dělat, když si chce hru zahrát, ale nerozumí jí, a na jazyky nemá buňky. Kdyby u nás existovalo "americké právo" , mohl by někdo podat žalobu, že byl reklamou zlákán ke koupi hry, natěšil se na ni, ale nemohl ji hrát, protože jí nerozuměl a utrpěl tak psychickou újmu. Když už jsem to nakousl: do e-mailu přijde reklamní pamflet krásně česky, na stránkách vás lákají krásně česky, podpora ale jako i hra samotná už česky není. Kdyby byl problém technický ve hře, v podpory se to ale jistě netýká, a i ta bylo v češtině ukončena, tedy další lež. Mou poslední hrou, kterou jsem si od EA koupil bez češtiny, byl Battlefield V, těšil jsme se na Anthem, ale odmítám si hru koupit a neučiním tak ani u žádné další hry bez CS lokalizace. Chtělo by to, aby i ostatní Češi dali EA najevo, že se cítí diskriminováni. Pokud máte jako právník nějaký rozumnější nápad, velice rád bych si jej vyslechl či přečetl. Chtěl bych situaci změnit, ale jsem jen obyčejný ňouma z venkova a nemám příliš možností. Kdybyste chtěl, jsem na G+ češtiny do her nebo na Steamu jako Sarakat(cz)

Message 19 of 21 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Novice

jasně Standard smile

Message 20 of 21 (1,192 Views)