FIFA 15 Unable to Activate after online purchase

by rizal_don

Original Post

FIFA 15 Unable to Activate after online purchase

★ Novice

hye there,

I can't play my Fifa 15 as the once i press 'Play' automatically a msg reads ' We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Fifa 15 on this computer using this account'.

Please help me out ASAP.

Message 1 of 19 (2,772 Views)

Re: FIFA 15 Unable to Activate after online purchase

Community Manager

Try restarting Origin as an administrator. Also please check your exceptions lists for your Firewall and Anti-virus, to ensure that Origin isn't being blocked already.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 19 (2,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

still not working man what to do I want to plaaay fifffaaaaaaa  :'(

Message 3 of 19 (2,709 Views)

★ Novice

Tried restarting origin as administrator, reinstalled origin, Firewall and anti virus exception list done but to no avail.

Any other things EA can do to fix this up.

I have no idea why it cant be activated!

Message 4 of 19 (2,704 Views)

Community Manager

Can you download/install any other games? Bejewelled 3 is free on Origin atm, that should be a quick download that can be used as a test.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 19 (2,655 Views)

★ Novice

i have the same problem and i tried bejewelled 3 too. again same problem. what should i do ?

Message 6 of 19 (2,641 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

OK, that indicates that Origin is having issues contacting the internet. If you've tried the firewall/anti-virus steps you can also try reinstalling Origin.

You can also try flushing your DNS. To do so press the Windows Key and R, then enter "cmd"(no quotes) in the box.

A black box will appear, and within it type:"ipconfig /flushdns". Again without the quotes.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 19 (2,631 Views)

★★ Novice

It is not a problem with Origin connection or anything like port forwarding or firewall or ...

There are 2 possible reasons:

1- some people downloaded the game with a proxy server or VPN

2- some people are trying to run the game on 23 septemeber, with a USA proxy or VPN.

Try again on 25 september and if it does not work then you have to re-download the game .

Message 8 of 19 (2,560 Views)

★ Novice
Hye David, actually now it is producing the same earlier message they cant connect to EA servers and activate the game So is there really any solution to this at all??? If it really regarding downloading with a proxy server as mentioned above so be it then i'll give it a last try tomorrow.
Message 9 of 19 (2,525 Views)

Community Manager

Yeah, we can't really assist oif the issue is related to using proxies for early launch. If the issue persists once the game is launched, plese post again.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 19 (2,508 Views)