EA Origin website security issue?

by LordFortack

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Origin website security issue?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I've reinstalled my PC and was about to download Origin from the EA site so I can play ME3 MP again, but when I click on the 'download Origin button' I get a security warning (using multiple browsers). This is the Firefox warning:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to download.dm.origin.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure. Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Technical Details

download.dm.origin.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
  asset1.origin.com , asset2.origin.com , cdn.config.stage.easports.com , cdn.config.easports.com , cdn.content.easports.com , cdn.content.ping.test.easports.ea.com , cdn.content.stage.easports.com , cdn.content.stage2.easports.com , cdn.content.stage3.easports.com , cdn.easa.ping.test.easports.ea.com , cdn.easa.stage.easports.com , cdn.easa.stage2.easports.com , cdn.easa.www.easports.com , cdn.easf.stage.easports.com , cdn.easf.stage2.easports.com , cdn.easf.www.easports.com , cdn.ping.test.easports.ea.com , cdn.ping.test.easportsfootball.ea.com , cdn.stage.eafootballworld.com , cdn.stage.easports.com , cdn.stage.easportsfootball.com , cdn.stage.easportsworld.com , cdn.stage2.eafootballworld.com , cdn.stage2.easports.com , cdn.stage2.easportsfootball.com , cdn.stage2.easportsworld.com , cdn.stage3.eafootballworld.com , cdn.stage3.easports.com , cdn.stage3.easportsfootball.com , cdn.stage3.easportsworld.com , cdn.www.eafootballworld.com , cdn.www.easports.com , cdn.www.easportsfootball.com , cdn.www.easportsworld.com , fonts.ea.com , www.origin.com , origin.com  

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

If you understand what's going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

Does someone know what is wrong with the Origin website?

Message 1 of 2 (1,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Origin website security issue?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey lordfortack,

thanks for contacting us with this. There was an issue yesterday with the security certificate on the Origin websites related to account creation. This issue has been resolved, and you should be able to go there without any such messages from your browser.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,483 Views)

All Replies

Re: EA Origin website security issue?

Community Manager (retired)

Hey lordfortack,

thanks for contacting us with this. There was an issue yesterday with the security certificate on the Origin websites related to account creation. This issue has been resolved, and you should be able to go there without any such messages from your browser.

Message 2 of 2 (1,484 Views)