EA Banning People Who Request Chargebacks for Defective Product, Mislead Mac Users & Who Had No Other Recourse

by sendai777

Original Post

EA Banning People Who Request Chargebacks for Defective Product, Mislead Mac Users & Who Had No Other Recourse

★★★ Novice

It's clear EA and Origin are having issues. Mac users have been mislead into buying a game that doesn't even exist yet, others on Windows can't get it to work, and all can't even reach a customer service rep after 2 days of trying. EA issued a press release saying you could request a refund but even when that quote is cited, refunds are being denied.

It gets even better, with an EA rep telling a refund requestor that if they request a chargeback from their credit card company, the only recourse left, that EA will ban their account. Talk about hostile treatment of customers.

I wonder what Visa, Mastercard and American Express's merchant policies say about retaliatory practices for products that don't work or in the case of Mac, don't exist.

You can read the story and transcript of the chat session at http://www.gamechup.com/ea-refuses-to-refund-user-for-simcity-threatens-account-ban/

Message 1 of 4 (3,729 Views)

Re: EA Banning People Who Request Chargebacks for Defective Product, Mislead Mac Users & Who Had No Other Recourse

★★★ Newbie

I'm in the same boat - I want my money back, EA refuses to give refunds, and I'm going to call my credit card company and demand a chargeback.

Fortunately, I haven't registered the game and associated it with my real Origin account.

That's why I'm not posting under my real account.  I want to express my dissatification, but I am unable to otherwise EA will steal my legally owned copied of Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 and The Sims 3, and I'll be out a lot of money.

What the hell is wrong with the people in charge at EA?  Why are you threatening to take away hundreds of dollars worth of games when you are clearly, 100% at fault?

I wish I could sue you guys, but I know I can't - you put that stupid bindind arbitration clause in your ToS, so nobody can sue you and we can't file a class action lawsuit.  You've subverted justice, and robbed us blind.

The people in charge of this decision need to be fired, but I'm sure they won't be because the person who made the decision was upper management.  So I can only hope for the next best thing: They deserve to die in the most horrible, painful way possible what they've done.  Stolen money from thousands of people, established a new universally low standard of customer service, and tied us up so we have no legal recourse.

Screw you EA.  I'm getting my money back, and then I'm going to pirate this game when they get the crack comes out.  And then maybe I'll actually be able to play.

Message 2 of 4 (3,673 Views)

Re: EA Banning People Who Request Chargebacks for Defective Product, Mislead Mac

★ Novice

Thats nothing

My bank them selves did a charge back when i pre ordered mass effect andromeda and the consultant told me i must just purchase the game again and he will refund the game, so i did and now they ban my account and took away my game and told me i have to re purchase a R1049 game, thats insane.

my message:

This is my last hope, i tried all the ea help and this is the last i can try. Here is the same passage i sent to all the people and received only a cold shoulder:

i pre-ordered Mass Effect Andromeda and a few days later i got an email stating that something went wrong with my order so i then contacted a consultant as i am now, he said that he will have to refund the game and i must repurchase the game and i did,then i struggled to get my money back as it turned out there was a charge back that is why my order went wrong, now a few month down the line ,y account got ban and my game taken away i again contacted a consultant who said i must email lets_talk and querie with them as my account was ban, they said it was due to the charge back and there for they removed the game and ban my account now i got the account unban but now i want my game back as i did pay for it a second time, please see the attahced for the forms.

Now i understand the terms and conditions are tough but i did not cause the charge back, my bank screwed up i had to put in a dispute with them and it took 3 months to get my money back from them yet i did not hesitate to repurchase the game. Yet now im met with a removal of my game and i did contact a few people in between and they did not warm me that this will happen.

and their response:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your inability to access your EA Account.

We have now completed our investigation into your query and upon review of your case, we can see that your account was disabled due to a Chargeback in relation to Mass Effect Andromeda .

Please note that a Chargeback may occur if a game code has been purchased from an unauthorised source and/or if you have initiated a Chargeback.

We have now reactivated your EA account, but in order to be able to play this game again, you will need to repurchase from an authorized retailer. When purchasing EA Games please ensure that you are purchasing from an authorized retailer or recognized Digital Distribution Service.

WTF.

Message 3 of 4 (2,721 Views)

Re: EA Banning People Who Request Chargebacks for Defective Product, Mislead Mac

★★ Novice

You wouldn't even imagine what EA did to me, 
First I bought Battlefield 1 directly from origin and not from anywhere else (There's proof to that also). At the time of purchase I was charged twice for that game. By bank transaction history shows 2 transactions of the same amount at the same time. One from EA and the other from POGO games (affiliated to EA). This is clearly a case of fraud. 

So the next thing I do is  contact EA and ask for their help , also in the meantime i contacted my bank. They initiated a chargeback against EA. So after some time EA returned the extra amount that was deducted at the time of purchase, But after a month... My account has been banned ( Reason not given by EA ). And my game is also missing from the library.

I contacted EA help again and they told me that my account has been banned due to the chargeback ( They remove the ban after some time) but the game is still missing. Contacted EA again for the 3rd time an the reply that I get is an automatic generated e-mail stating that I need to repurchase the game from an authorized retailer and then contact accountdisputes. They took the game from me without reviewing my case.

So my money is still with them (which I paid for the game) , But there is no game to play and they are asking me to repurchase it again. This is how they work. Committing fraud and then harassing the customers. 
In the end i would say " well played EA". You took my money , you took my game and gave me nothing.

EDIT: Their latest reply even after providing all the proofs:

We received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision. Your account was not charged twice for Battlefield 1 and entitlement will not be restored.

Please do not expect further responses on this matter.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 4 (2,650 Views)