Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin build

by samarjitsharma

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin build

★★★★ Newbie

Hey there, I've just bought the Mass effect 3 game from a store. After installation of Origin it give an error message saying - Dev: Cert Check failed! check origin build. I've restarted my Pc as well as run origins as administrator , but the error persists. Please advice. ASAP

Message 1 of 9 (9,997 Views)

Re: Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin build

Community Manager

If you were using the Origin installer from the disc, please uninstall Origin again and then go to http://www.origin.com/download and get the latest release version of the Origin client. Run the installation as administrator (right-click and select Run as administrator), then launch Origin again and let us know if it works now.

Message 2 of 9 (9,870 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! i was having a similar problem

now i can play my games! :D

Message 3 of 9 (9,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same proplem too but in crysis3 .... now i fix it thanx for all of you

Message 4 of 9 (8,695 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys. Fix is rather simple. 

1) Manual Un-install Origin. Use Revo or something simmilar to clear up left over files and reg keys.

2) Download Origin Installer www.Origin.com

3) Do not install to defualt location. Create a new Folder, Origin 2 or something simmilar under Program Files X86. 

4) Install to the new location. 

The Default directory, is corrupted for some reason. Changing the install location fixes it. 

Message 5 of 9 (7,303 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I was about to reunistall it but it said it would corrupt my games

Message 6 of 9 (5,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 9 (2,970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for your advice.  I had downloaded two Sims 4 stuff packs and couldn't for the life of me get Origin to download them.  I'd restarted my laptop and account so many times, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  Then I saw your message about using Revo (I'd never heard of such programs) and it fixed my problem straightaway.  Now I have the content I paid for successfully downloaded.  Thank you very much for your fantastic fix! 

Message 8 of 9 (2,651 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

i cant launch for some odd reason

Message 9 of 9 (670 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

If you were using the Origin installer from the disc, please uninstall Origin again and then go to http://www.origin.com/download and get the latest release version of the Origin client. Run the installation as administrator (right-click and select Run as administrator), then launch Origin again and let us know if it works now.

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

We stand by our games

Submit a refund request if you're not completely satisfied with your purchase.

View more on EA Help