Re: Credit Card charged and I don't know why

by Manafritz

Original Post

Credit Card charged and I don't know why

★ Newbie

Hello, today I looked at my credit card and noticed that I was charged twice. Under description it says, "ORIGIN.COM EA GENEVA CHE".

One charge was for $104.99 and the other was $146.98, that was on October 26th. When I look at my order history on the EA website it shows a purchase on October 27th, but the description is unavailable. I haven't made any recent purchases through origin or any other EA store so I am wondering what this was for. 

Message 1 of 16 (41,738 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

You'd need to contact customer support directly to get this sorted out. There’s nothing we can do on the forum to fix this for you.

Follow these steps to reach a game advisor:

1. Click the link 
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask and log in with your Origin name and password.

2. Where it says: ’What Can We Help you With’, type in ‘Origin’ 

3. Click Find Solutions

4.  Select "Billing/Purchasing" from the drop-down list and also select your platform from the list.

5.  Click: Find Solutions

6.  Scroll down a little and on the lower right hand side, Click "I Still need Help" 

The Window Will Open... 
You’ll now see the available contact options, depending on your geographical location and the time of day. Phone or Live Chat are the best options. 

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 16 (41,130 Views)

Re: Debit Card charged and I don't know why

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue... just called my bank to get my card cancelled. I tried the following steps suggested by EA but i couldnt find anything! I want my money back!

Message 3 of 16 (35,954 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, mine's for $55.33.  I clicked the link as instructed and when I click "login" I get a nice white window with a grey circle that goes round and round for days.  Fifteen minutes later, still unable to log in, I am posting this.  I cannot access customer support, billing or otherwise to find out why the heck my card is being charged.  I have not purchased ANYTHING thru Origins in almost a year???  I expect a response asap or I will be reporting this, not only to my bank, but also to the Better Business Bureau.  This is now way to run a reputable business and if you won't respond to us, maybe you'll respond to them.

Message 4 of 16 (35,789 Views)

★★★ Novice

I called them directly.  It was pretty quick and painless.  Somehow someone decided I wanted Fifa and a bunch of points.  Seems Origin was comprimised because I see other posts that this happened to.  No notification or announcement Origin?  come on....

Message 5 of 16 (35,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i lose 2$ why! 

Message 6 of 16 (35,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin charged twice on my card for no reason and I can't contact them and also the phone number they show for contacting me isn't mine, idk where the hell they got it... lol this really sucks.

Message 7 of 16 (35,158 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Stephen wrote:

You'd need to contact customer support directly to get this sorted out. There’s nothing we can do on the forum to fix this for you.

Follow these steps to reach a game advisor:

1. Click the link 
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask and log in with your Origin name and password.

2. Where it says: ’What Can We Help you With’, type in ‘Origin’ 

3. Click Find Solutions

4.  Select "Billing/Purchasing" from the drop-down list and also select your platform from the list.

5.  Click: Find Solutions

6.  Scroll down a little and on the lower right hand side, Click "I Still need Help" 

The Window Will Open... 
You’ll now see the available contact options, depending on your geographical location and the time of day. Phone or Live Chat are the best options. 

Hope this helps.

So what do you do when they won't call you back??? 

Message 8 of 16 (35,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. But the EA help Center is bs. They say they will call back in a specific amount of time and then don't. I was supposed to be called within an hour. After 3hrs of waiting i step away from my phone for 2 mins and they call to leave a msg saying "sorry i missed you, please file another claim." Now i have an estimated wait time of 2 hrs. So aggravating.
Message 9 of 16 (34,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was just debited for a game I did not purchase from Origin EA. 

The only way to get your money back is to fill out a claim with your banking institution and cancel your card. If you don't cancel your card you'll be charged again. 

It's a scam by Origin. I could not even cancel the sale ... as suggested.

Message 10 of 16 (34,250 Views)