Chat support disrespecting disabled people - Account merge - Forced to call- I'm deaf

by hooch360

Original Post

Chat support disrespecting disabled people - Account merge - Forced to call- I'm deaf

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I'm deaf. I can't use phone to call people. There is no English speaking person around me all the time.

I wanted to merge two origin accounts. This is my chat with support man.

How can I solve that issue? Is there any Origin suporter on forum that can help me?

Jayant: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Jayant. How may I assist you today?
you: Hello.
you: I would merge 2 accounts.
Jayant: Hi.
you: The one that I want "deleted" is: [HERE IS EMAIL]
you: The one that will be "new" account is: [HERE IS EMAIL]
Jayant: For account merging you  need to contact our phone support team.
you: Please forward this chat to tier 2 team. I know it is possible. On yours (EA) formus there are many people posing successfull account merge via chat.
you: I'm deaf and using my telephone is kind of pointless for me.
Jayant: We are not supposed to do so , you need to please contact our phone support.
you: Look here. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Merge-Origin-Accounts/td-p/634/page/7 There are many people showing that YOU can do it.
you: And phone is not an option for me.
you: Polish support says it is imposible. And Only I know English in my family. But I can't speak via phone.
Jayant: We cannot do so.
you: That is why I'm asking you to forward that chat to Tier 2 support.
Jayant: You have also been directed by our previous friend to contact phone support.
you: I know. That is why I keep trying. Because there are people out there on your fourums claiming that it is possible via chat.
you: Do you understand that I'm deaf and I am unable to call you?
you: This way you are discriminating disabled people.
you: Please contact you supervisor. This case is diferent. And I can deal with it only via chat support. I know it does not match your standart cases, but you are only person that can help me.
you: I'll be eternally grateful for your suport.
Jayant: I have already informed him, if it would be possible I would have done it for you.
you: So how others have it done on chat? Somehow they are posing their success attempts on EA forums.
Jayant: They are the different cases .
you: Look at that thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Merge-Origin-Accounts/td-p/634/page/7
you: There are even nicknames of suppor people that did it on chat
Jayant: We are really sorry we are not supposed not to do so.
you: Ok. What is phone number to USA Support line? I'll be in town next week. I'll try to find someone who can call for me.
Jayant: you just need to register your number and we will be contacting you.
Jayant: When contacting us for support through help.ea.com, simply select Call Me (when given the option). Leave us your number and our most knowledgeable EA Game Advisor will contact you shortly regarding your issue. There'll be no need to wait on hold, and you'll be free to do other activities until then.
you: That is not possible. I'll not be able to answer your phone. And no, there no english speaking person next to me all the time.
you: I'M DEAF.
Jayant: I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Message 1 of 1 (222 Views)