Changing email address telling me my new address is invalid

by tas360

Original Post

Changing email address telling me my new address is invalid

★★★ Newbie

Im trying to update my email address associated with my EA/Origin account. I have followed all instructions provided to enable the change. When I enter my new email address and try to save it says my address is invalid.

My new email is a @hotmail.com account. Is this the reason why it wont accept it? Are @hotmail.com email addresses not permitted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 14 (108,677 Views)

Re: Changing email address telling me my new address is invalid

Hero (Retired)

[HOW TO] Change email address

Since this is a public forum we cannot help you since it would involve accessing your account which we cannot do.  In order to solve your problem you will need to speak with at game advisor at EA Customer support:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Message 2 of 14 (108,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

saaame here...

Message 3 of 14 (106,364 Views)

EA Staff

If you receive this error message it means that the email you are trying to use is already linked to another Origin account. Please try using a different email address. If you wish to merge multiple existing Origin account, then please contact an Advisor

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4. Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5. Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6. Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day. 

Message 4 of 14 (106,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did this and decided to have a Live Chat with an Advisor. They claimed I was using an email account I had never heard of and that the account was coming from the Netherlands. They could not help me because they could not find my account. This advice does not work.

Message 5 of 14 (105,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i can put my work email (not a hotmail ) but why i try tu put my personal email  (a hotmail one ) 

the site telling me my new address is invalid

Message 6 of 14 (104,153 Views)

★★★ Novice

i try to change my e-mail adress and the new e-mail say it invalid ...i use hotmail.com what i must to do ? i cant contact support i am from greece ....please help me i want to change my e-mail in origin

Message 7 of 14 (101,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

Did You already solved Your problem? I don't remember, but I created another Origin account with my email I want to use now (but never used this account) and completely forgot it. That created this problem. So I logged out and on again with my current email address (I tried some password and it worked, Yes!!!).

I had to create completely new mail and changed email address on my mysteriously created account to it. After that, I just logged to origin I am using and changed the email address to the one I wanted. Problem solved in 5 minutes.

But I was lucky, because I tried to log in with new mail and guessed long ago forgotten password.

Hope that my reply for Your almost year old problem does not bother You.

Sincerely, Vojlord

Message 8 of 14 (91,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

SOLUTION:

Strangely e-mail addresses with dot are invalid.

My e-mail address contains a dot and when I removed it then it became valid.

I know it sounds strange, but worked for me.

This is invalid:

[edit: email address removed]

If you remove the dot from it, then it will be accepted:

[edit: email address removed]

Another strange thing that gmail.com will understand this address and you will receive the email.

I assume this is a fault in gmail so you shouldn't use this trick, but consider it as a general advise:

Use e-mail address without dot in it.

Basically this is a simple bug in e-mail validation and this is a shame EA don't correct it for at least for a year.

Message 9 of 14 (86,935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Who is not in the list of phones, follow the steps below

Contact telephone numbers for EA Customer Support by nation:

Canada: Call back facility. Click here to initiate: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Need+help&category=account-...
[Removed by CM]
United States: Call back facility. Click here to initiate: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc&subject=Need+help&category=account-...

Most countries are available between 09:00-21:00 Monday-Saturday local time for telephone support
If your country isn't in the list above then you're going to have to use live chat to speak to an agent unfortunately.

Regarding the difficulty getting in touch with an EA Games Adviser because there isn't phone support for Ex. Greece : If you choose "United Kingdom" as your country of residence then you should be able to choose "live chat" to speak to an agent instead of having to use the phone.

Regarding the issues you have with actually loading the webpages at help.ea.com: have you tried using different browsers, clearing your cookies, cache and Internet history? Some users have reported success with using Internet Explorer for example when they were having issues with other browsers such as Firefox.

Retired champion.
Message 10 of 14 (86,922 Views)