Change Origin's security question.

by based_sesh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Change Origin's security question.

★★★ Novice

I'd like to change my Origin's security question but it asks me a previous question that I don't remember. Can I change the question in any other way? The email address linked to my Origin ID is hacked and I'd like the change the email address linked to my Origin ID. For that, Origin asks me my security question that I don't remember. 

Please, help me.

Thankyou.

Message 1 of 7 (14,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Change Origin's security question.

EA Staff

@xoxofifa14 wrote:

i don't know my security question what to do ??

If you do not know the answer to your current SQ then you will not be able to change it yourself. Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue: 

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (12,502 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

If you do not know the answer to your current Security Question then you would need to contact an Advisor to request assistance:

1. Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
3. Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4. Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5. Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6. Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Message 2 of 7 (14,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 3 of 7 (12,204 Views)

EA Staff

@xoxofifa14 wrote:

If you do not know the answer to your current SQ then you will not be able to change it yourself. Please contact an Advisor via live chat or phone for assistance with this issue: 

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
3. Type in the name of the affected game
4. Select 'Next' at the bottom right
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' again
6. Select topic from the drop down and type in a short description of your issue.

Message 4 of 7 (12,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have tried at all times of the day.. i get no joy.. the chat now button is ALWAYS disabled. tried leaving it for 2 hours once.. still stays greyed out.. any other way to get hold of somone at EA to help out? my password is still the same one i used way back in 2010 its not so secure any more Frown 

Message 5 of 7 (12,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't get lazy, please EA, It's not game specific and your forum options are so terrible there is no way to ask questions about origin based questions, don't be an idiot, his question wasn't about a game, it was about origin "3. Type in the name of the affected game" It's not based on a game, so to ask for help or to critique the service,... we can't? What's up with that? afraid to find out what the public think about the service? If you can call it that, now stop being lazy, and tell him and others how to change (what should be) simple account/security based issues... Confusedmileymad:

Message 6 of 7 (11,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi I changed it but my ultimate team is still locked could you help me please Standard smile thanks
Message 7 of 7 (10,262 Views)