Cant check out from store

by ginadmillington

Original Post

Cant check out from store

★ Newbie

I have placed some Sims 3 Extension packs in my shopping cart. I click check out - and when it opens - the box is empty except for the crashed icon and it says too many redirects (error 310) so I am unable to make the purchase. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,774 Views)

Re: Cant check out from store

★★★★ Expert

You have to make sure the "SAVE BILLING AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION FOR FUTURE PAYMENTS" check box is checked before the transaction completes... if its left unchecked then it will not go through(yet you will still get that $1 temporary pre authorization charge.

Cards carrying the Visa and MasterCard logo all require retailers to institute the $1-hold process and most also include debit cards. The charge is a preauthorization that provides a way for your credit card company to verify the card is valid before allowing you to use it when the amount of the full charge is not yet certain.

The $1.00 is temporary.Will be refund back to your account.
Just give it some time, the time depending on the accounts involved.

so again... check that save card info button when placing the order.. and then delete it afterward if you like and it will go through.

If it still doesn't work, please contact Customer Service/Game Advisors.

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

If you need more informations, click this linkhttps://help.ea.com/article/ordering-payment-information

For any issues regarding accounts, please follow these steps to contact a game advisor for more help:

1. Click the link https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask and log in with your Origin name and password.

2. Where it says: ’What Can We Help you With’, type in ‘GAME NAME’

3. Click Find Solutions

4. Select "Your problem,eg accounts" from the drop-down list and also select your platform from the list.

5. Click: Find Solutions

6. Scroll down a little and on the lower right hand side, Click "I Still need Help"

Picture to help you understand better,  https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

The Window Will Open...
You’ll now see the currently available contact options(Depending on your game). These may vary depending on your geographical location and the time of day. Phone or Live Chat are the best options.

For customers in North America:

• Select "Call me."
  • Enter your phone number.
  • Select "Submit."

For Customers outside of North America:

• Go to the "choose a contact method" section
  • Contact us using the telephone number provided within the listed opening hours

Please be aware that it is likely that the agent you speak to will need to confirm your personal informations on this account.

Hope this helps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & all . Click XP for my effort in helping! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem.I'm helping you because I'm also a victim of EA for releasing their half baked products to us,gamers.

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 2 of 8 (1,754 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i want to buy sims 3 but it wont let me!!! :catsad:

Message 3 of 8 (1,743 Views)

EA Staff

@Dustinsmad wrote:

i want to buy sims 3 but it wont let me!!! :catsad:

What exactly happens when you try to make the purchase? Do you get any errors?

Message 4 of 8 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have sort of the same problem for the DA:I pre-order. It says 'too many redirects'.

It has done this on my PC and Surface.

Message 5 of 8 (1,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also getting "too many redirects error" when checking out and supposedly in the 1st step (Signed In As).

Don't EA want my business? Let's see if this ever gets replied lol.

Message 6 of 8 (1,431 Views)

EA Staff

@AlphaSixTango Could you please clear cookies and cache for your browsers and then try again? Also does the same thing happen if you try to make the purchase in the Origin Client?

Message 7 of 8 (1,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Attempting to purchase "Dragon Age: Inquisition" 

Windows 10, using Chrome, IE 11 - same result. 

After adding item to cart and proceed to checkout, a tabbed winform control appears, the first page is labeled "Logged in As" and the page display only shows a broken page icon and the message, "There were too many redirects."   

Tried clearing browser cache and settings,

enabled cookies,

closed tabs and restarted browser,

deleted browser data and restarted browser 4 times,

still the same issue on the first step after Proceed to Checkout, a tab control on the first page, "Logged in as."  Incidentally the stock message above doesn't even address the actual problem, whoever decided to answer with that post obviously didn't even read the OP description of their problem

Message 8 of 8 (1,202 Views)