Cannot download any updates from origin - Error -4:200

by Prismane_BM

Original Post

Cannot download any updates from origin - Error -4:200

★★ Novice

Happened fairly recently, and occurs whenever I try to update or download any games from Origin across any computer I use (have tried both windows 7 & 8.1) both with fresh installs on them. I am beginning to think that its my actual network itself as that seems to be the only constant remaning. I have been in contact with 2 different game advisors and they have no idea how to fix my issue. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9 (2,117 Views)

Re: Cannot download any updates from origin - Error -4:200

EA Staff

How are your computers connected - wireless/wired? Have you made sure that the needed ports have been opened on your router (https://help.ea.com/article/connection-issues-with-origin#1)? When you say the computer have a fresh install of the OS do you have any firewall/antivirus installed on them?

Message 2 of 9 (2,098 Views)

★ Novice

Did u find any solution out of this problem???

Message 3 of 9 (2,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this problem also using windows 7. "Error: -4:200"

It occurred at the same time as the few others who have it, a few days ago around the time the BF4 update came. Now my Origin cannot download or update ANY games although the friends list still works and I'm clearly connected to Origin itself.

Nothing regarding my internet or PC has changed in that time. I have tried removing all of my firewalls, resetting routers and etc but nothing. No other problems but Origin have any issues at all.

I've tried reinstalling Origin, flushing DNS, checking to opt in for Origin beta, updating in safe mode, running as admin. I contacted live support but they could not suggest anything.

I can still open Battlelog without updating the game but I cannot actually connect to a server. If there were manual download mirrors for the patch, it'd be fine.

Message 4 of 9 (2,038 Views)

★ Novice

Dude, If u find a way out of this problem pls tell me how to do it in this post

Message 5 of 9 (2,031 Views)

Community Manager

Usually, this indicates that there is an error that could potentially be resolved by any of these steps:

1. Reset Router
  2. Flush DNS
  3. Verifying that your Antivirus program is not interfering

You can find all of these steps here, please take a look and let us know how you get on: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-troubleshoot-connectivity-issues

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 9 (2,011 Views)

Community Manager

That aside, if you are still experiencing issues afterwards, it would be interesting to know the following from you:

1. Your location

2. Your ISP

3. Estimated timeframe of when this first started

Message 7 of 9 (2,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the problem on Windows 10 when i try to install laundry stuff it won't work and gives me the error

Message 8 of 9 (614 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CaineDBad

Did you try the steps in the link that EA_Nils posted?
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Message 9 of 9 (603 Views)