Can two people play on the same EA account at the same time?

by VolatileStone

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can two people play on the same EA account at the same time?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Our family is looking to buy the Sim City Deluxe Edition (2013), and this is the first game off of Origin we have bought, Can my daughter and son play the game, on seperate computers, and the same time? Or do we have to buy to twice for both to play?

Message 1 of 45 (179,094 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can two people play on the same Origin account at the same time?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, no this is currently not possible, sorry. While Origin will allow you to download and install a game on as many computers as you want to, you can only be logged in on one of them at a time. If you try to log in on a second machine, you will be asked if you want to continue despite the fact that it will log you out elsewhere.

View in thread

Message 2 of 45 (202,592 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, no this is currently not possible, sorry. While Origin will allow you to download and install a game on as many computers as you want to, you can only be logged in on one of them at a time. If you try to log in on a second machine, you will be asked if you want to continue despite the fact that it will log you out elsewhere.

Message 2 of 45 (202,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have now purchased a new computer and would like to be able to play BF3 on one computer at the same time play BF4 on the other new computer.

(my kids would like to play also)

As the I have paid for both games I would assume that I can play both at the same time.

How do I get that accomplished ?

Message 3 of 45 (177,031 Views)

★ Novice

@hightowerdk1 wrote:

I have now purchased a new computer and would like to be able to play BF3 on one computer at the same time play BF4 on the other new computer.

(my kids would like to play also)

As the I have paid for both games I would assume that I can play both at the same time.

How do I get that accomplished ?

Playing both on one account online is probably not possible, although you could always have the kids play bf3 single player in offline mode and bf4 online on your PC vice versa. Not sure if this would actually work since these games go through Origin and Battlelog but its worth a try, it works with steam and most games.

Message 4 of 45 (176,749 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Origin,

I really do have the same question, and do not understand that you haven't come back with an answer on a question that old?

Please help us with a solution making it possible to play two different games on two different computers using the same Origin account, so we can play the games we have paid for.

/Thanks

BR

Nick

Message 5 of 45 (176,118 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

you can play the games you paid for. You just cannot use the same account at the same time on different computers.

Message 6 of 45 (176,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is old but would it be possible to get purchases moved and split up between other accounts, so that they can then be used individually instead of tied to one account / one login? Or have subaccounts that can play as long as not the same exact game at the same time? If my kids want to play sims 2 on their computer and I wanted to play say sims 3 on mine... There should be some way to make this work?

Message 7 of 45 (173,003 Views)

Anonymous

You would have to purchase the games on different accounts. If you need to split your

current games over different accounts (permanently) you should contact a game advisor to

if it is possible. There are no subaccounts.

http://help.ea.com

Message 8 of 45 (173,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'll check into that, but essentially for the future it would just be better to make a new account for every single invidual game title purchase so that depending on which is to be played you would just login to that account.... ?? Seems like a lot of hassle and waste on both sides. But worthwhile if it means not jumping through hoops to let my kids play one of the games I'm not playing or that I purchased for them.

Message 9 of 45 (172,996 Views)

Anonymous

Having seperate accounts would be it yes.

Message 10 of 45 (172,990 Views)