Can't purchase anything on Origin Store

by Kenny-Koolix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't purchase anything on Origin Store

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Update 1 (via EA_Nils): Please check out the latest info posted at the link here.   

I've check with my bank, my visa and my Paypal was okay. But seems like I can't make payment on Origin Store. It kept saying error #10048. I tried with multiple Visa cards and Paypal, but it's still the same. Origin DIDN'T EVEN ask me for the password of Paypal account when I added new Paypal payment method to my account. I tried adding new payment method with my Visa, but it said Origin is unable to verify this card, meanwhile my visa's still functional?

I tried to contact Game Advisor but seems like they're all out for holiday, so sad...

Message 1 of 271 (51,207 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't purchase anything on Origin Store

Community Manager

@dkjofhwwwwwwwwww Hi there,

Please check out this article for Common solutions for payment issues.

Spoiler

Having trouble completing a purchase or adding a new card to your EA Account? There are a few common causes for online purchasing errors and a number of simple steps we can recommend.

Check that your details are entered completely and accurately:

1. Make sure you have accurately completed all required fields on the form
Required fields are marked with an asterisk Star. If any required field is blank, the form cannot be processed. 

Many required fields look for the information to be a certain length or in a particular format. Check over your entries to ensure there are no invalid characters or incomplete answers. An accidental keystroke might add a letter or punctuation mark where a number should be, for instance.

2. Enter your card information again
Delete the contents of the Credit Card Number field, and then re-enter the number. Before proceeding, read back over it to make sure it matches the card. 

Don't forget to double-check your expiration date as well. 

3. Make sure the CVV / CSC is correct
The Card Verification Value (CVV) or Card Security Code (CSC) is an important security measure for online transactions. The code's length and location will vary based on your credit card carrier. Click the ? beside CSC in the payment details screen for help finding your code.

If the code has worn away and is no longer legible, you may not be entering the correct value for that field. It may be necessary to request a replacement card.

4. Check your billing information
Your billing name and address must match exactly with the information on file at your credit card company (or other financial institution). Make sure to keep your information up-to-date with your bank or credit card company.

Other possible causes for a failed or stuck transaction:

1. We may be processing your order

We process orders within 24 hours of purchase though in some cases we may take up to 72 hours to complete processing. Once we finalize your payment we’ll send you an email to let you know. Until that time, EA Advisors can not provide additional information on your order status.

2. There may be limitations placed by your financial institution

• Some credit cards will not allow international transactions.
  • Certain financial institutions place limits on the number of online transactions that may be processed within a certain time frame, while others may not allow online transactions at all.
  • Some accounts have daily or monthly transaction limits.

3. Prepaid card issues
Prepaid cards may not allow for online purchases and cannot be used to sign up for ongoing subscription services. Also, prepaid cards must be registered prior to use. Make sure your card is fully activated, has sufficient funds, and is eligible for online use. 

• Note: Some prepaid cards add transaction fees to each purchase. Be sure your card balance is sufficient to cover the amount of your purchase plus the automatic transaction fee the card will assess.

4. The issue may be based on recent account activity
Your bank or credit card company may have blocked further online purchases for a time if:

• You have made a number of transactions in a short time frame.
  • Your recent transactions triggered a fraud warning for any reason.
    • For instance, while you are travelling, your card activity may be flagged as suspicious due to the change in location.
  • Your account has insufficient funds.

5. There may be a network error

It is possible that there is simply a temporary interruption in connectivity between your computer, our servers, and/or your financial institution. If all your details have been entered correctly, and you have no reason to suspect your account is blocked, there may just be technical difficulties at the moment.

Still having issues?
You can use PayPal or any of our alternate payment methods, if you are unable to complete the purchase with your credit or debit card.

Otherwise, we recommend contacting your bank or credit card company for more information. You may be asked to verify your recent transactions, if there has been any concern of fraudulent activity. 

One last thing: Are you using an anonymous proxy server?
If you don’t know the answer to this question, then you are almost certainly not. However, if the person who configured your system is pretty tech-savvy, you might check with them to make sure. Again, if they don't know the answer, then you probably don't need to worry about this. It's not a standard setup. EA Terms of Service state that we may restrict accounts using these services.

If you are still encountering payment issues afterwards, contact us on EA Help.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 248 of 271 (21,712 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. I think the online store may not be working right now.

Message 2 of 271 (50,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

SAME PLUS THEY TOOK 3 dollars from my  bank account account im pissed 

Message 3 of 271 (50,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

They have seriously gone and put up a sale then there's an error with purchasing......ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!?!

Message 4 of 271 (50,892 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, I tried getting Dragon Age Inquisition, and I used more then one method of payment and got the same error everytime!

Origin really needs to fix it -.-

They put up a sale, but most people can't even buy anything during the sale because of this stupid error! 

Message 5 of 271 (50,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I'm super mad because I had to use 2 different cards, one I tried twice, and they charged me $1.00 for each attempt! Wth?

Message 6 of 271 (50,870 Views)

★★ Apprentice

sadly Game Advisors are all away for holiday, and now we still have no sign of them. They said closed till 2am CST 12/26 and now it's 5.51am CST already! They're still not back.

Message 7 of 271 (50,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got #5000 error.... can't buy anyting......

I just want to buy some games in boxing day... that is my christmas present ...... now i have nothing .... 

or ea want us to play illegal game......

Message 8 of 271 (50,802 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yep, initiated a sale and prevented users from buying anything from store. Such nice Origin.

Message 9 of 271 (50,797 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is getting quite frustrating. I hope they extend the promotional period Frown 

Message 10 of 271 (50,768 Views)