Can't get a game back

by themarkus1002

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't get a game back

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So, I bought a new computer some time ago, and I didn't buy Spore trough Origin. I thought that I can't get the game back without buying it again, so I threw the redeem codes away. Turns out, I could get the game in Origin with the codes. I could buy the discs, but they can't be found anywhere. Is there any way to get my game back? I heard that all my registered games should be found somewhere (including Spore), but I don't know where. If thats not possible, I can proof that I own the games, because I have an Spore account, that shows all games and expansions that I have. Maybe an employee could add the game to my collections. (I had Spore and all it's expansions)

Message 1 of 6 (337 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get a game back

EA DICE Team

@themarkus1002

If you have a Spore account then our EA Advisors should be able to retrieve your codes. Please reach out to them so that they can look into this for you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (271 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @themarkus1002

To check what games you have in your account Origin do this steps and make sure you are logged into the account on which the game/s were registered.

If you received a message,"code already used",it means the game code has been registered in your account and as a result of this message you must follow this steps.

-be sure you have "Show: All Games" in MY GAMES selected and look at "Hidden Games" because manually hidden games will not appear in the "All Games" view.

- click on the "My Games tab" as shown in the screenshot below, after you have done with this, you will see a button with an circle arrow on the left hand side -this is the "reload games" button.

More details here http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 6 (315 Views)

★ Novice

I can't click the hidden games option, or any other option in "show" tab. Maybe it just doesn't work in origin, because I didn't download the game with it.

Message 3 of 6 (310 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ok @themarkus1002

First you need to clearing your Origin cache and for this you get a perfectly detailed post from@EA_Nils >->  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/my-origin-will-not-update-my-sims-4/m-p/4721983#M163410

Restart your machine .

Run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

And now try the steps above.

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 6 (285 Views)

EA DICE Team

@themarkus1002

If you have a Spore account then our EA Advisors should be able to retrieve your codes. Please reach out to them so that they can look into this for you.

Message 5 of 6 (272 Views)

★ Novice

Problem solved, I bought Spore again. (before the EA_Tom's post) Thanks for help, but I was a little too fast...

Message 6 of 6 (253 Views)