Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't change email

by desertmariner

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change email

★★★ Newbie

I'm not able to change the email associated with my Origin account.  I keep getting an error on the email field that reads " ID contains a prohibited word or character".  Origin ID isn't being changed and I've tried 3 different email addresses all getting the same error.

Any ideas??

Message 1 of 15 (9,392 Views)

Re: Can't change email

★★ Novice

same probelm :/ wish  they would just take the secound to fix little problems like these.

Message 2 of 15 (9,367 Views)

★★ Novice

samee problem here , i hope they fix this problem before all people with low nervs like me will throw the pc on window or maybe will quit from ea services..

Message 3 of 15 (9,363 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here!

Message 4 of 15 (9,328 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same here, I believe the verification process for the emails is probably catching the username verifications and not allowing us to enter a @ and . (dot)

Message 5 of 15 (9,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It sucks

Message 6 of 15 (9,212 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

same here

Message 7 of 15 (9,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

same here, have no access to my old email and tried to change it for new one but no joy, quite dissapointed because it might be a simply fix for it

GUYS, SOLUTION HERE:

just went to EA support at https://help.ea.com/contact-us (must login as first), changed country on the bottom to USA, then Origin>account>PC and Lve Chat was available ..wooohooo, was waiting for 5 minutes, then took to helpdesk ( have a activation code one of the games linked to your account ready !!!!!! ) ...and he changed my email in few minutes Standard smile

Message 8 of 15 (9,192 Views)

★★★★ Novice

solution posted, enjoy Standard smile

Message 9 of 15 (9,175 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here, ^ It seems like a lot of hassle to go through to change a simple e mail address, I guess I will just wait till they realize the problem and make a simple fix.

Message 10 of 15 (9,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

same here, have no access to my old email and tried to change it for new one but no joy, quite dissapointed because it might be a simply fix for it

GUYS, SOLUTION HERE:

just went to EA support at https://help.ea.com/contact-us (must login as first), changed country on the bottom to USA, then Origin>account>PC and Lve Chat was available ..wooohooo, was waiting for 5 minutes, then took to helpdesk ( have a activation code one of the games linked to your account ready !!!!!! ) ...and he changed my email in few minutes Standard smile

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

We stand by our games

Submit a refund request if you're not completely satisfied with your purchase.

View more on EA Help