Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
desertmariner
Accepted Solution

Can't change email

I'm not able to change the email associated with my Origin account.  I keep getting an error on the email field that reads " ID contains a prohibited word or character".  Origin ID isn't being changed and I've tried 3 different email addresses all getting the same error.

Any ideas??

Keeper
radioactivesnake

Re: Can't change email

same probelm :/ wish  they would just take the secound to fix little problems like these.

Lookout
frosteey

samee problem here , i hope they fix this problem before all people with low nervs like me will throw the pc on window or maybe will quit from ea services..

Keeper
joeytbnd

Same here!

Topics: 0
XP: 0
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 0

Same here, I believe the verification process for the emails is probably catching the username verifications and not allowing us to enter a @ and . (dot)

Keeper
egdeofyourmom

It sucks

Keeper
meanmachine284

same here

stuffhunter
Topics: 1
XP: 3
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

same here, have no access to my old email and tried to change it for new one but no joy, quite dissapointed because it might be a simply fix for it

GUYS, SOLUTION HERE:

just went to EA support at https://help.ea.com/contact-us (must login as first), changed country on the bottom to USA, then Origin>account>PC and Lve Chat was available ..wooohooo, was waiting for 5 minutes, then took to helpdesk ( have a activation code one of the games linked to your account ready !!!!!! ) ...and he changed my email in few minutes :smileyhappy:

stuffhunter
Topics: 1
XP: 3
Solutions: 1

solution posted, enjoy :smileyhappy:

Keeper
aussietrex

Same here, ^ It seems like a lot of hassle to go through to change a simple e mail address, I guess I will just wait till they realize the problem and make a simple fix.