Can't buy Sims 4- error #10048

by Inkytiger

Original Post

Can't buy Sims 4- error #10048

★★ Novice

Hello all,

I tried buying Sims4 Deluxe AND sims 4 (plain version) for the 50% sale going on, thought it was a good discount and such.

However, I keep getting error code 10048.

I tried using my Vanilla Visa Gift Card as well as my normal Visa Debit Card.

Why is this happening?

When will this be corrected/solved?

Message 1 of 10 (6,834 Views)

Re: Can't buy Sims 4- error #10048

Hero (Retired)

You have to save your billing information to your Origin account before you purchase any new products, otherwie you'll get error 10048. After you do this log out of Origin and log back in - it should do the trick.
In case if you don't know how to save billing information: Open Origin, choose Origin tab and choose Account Privacy from the list. After that press Payment and Shipping and add your billing information.

If the method I wrote here fails you will have to contact EA Support. Here is how you do it:

1 Click on the following link https://help.ea.com/en/origin
2 Choose Billing/Purchasing from the issue list
3 Go to Contact us button at the bottom of the page
4 Select the platform you play on
5 Describe your issue in Please tell us a bit more about your issue
6 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 10 (6,800 Views)

★★ Novice

Didn't work :/ Thank you though, I will contact customer Report

Message 3 of 10 (6,786 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump

Message 4 of 10 (6,758 Views)

★★ Novice

Also you might want to check they charge you $1.10 for attempting or something like that, I have the same problem and they charged me 3 times because i tried 3 times. Great job EA.

Message 5 of 10 (6,726 Views)

★ Novice

I am facing similar issues.. I bought BF4 Premium Membership for myself and another friend just fine using my Paypal account but when i tried to purchase the Premium Edition Game for 2 more friends of mine, I keep getting the Error #10048 (note it is still the same paypal i used to purchase the first 2).

Message 6 of 10 (6,719 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happens to me with simcity complete edition, it seems that every time they check if your credit card actually exists they do a micro transaction where they charge you 1€ then give it back to you, except their broken **bleep** doesn't and Origin  owe me 3€ ATM 

Its actually sad that EA went trought all the **bleep** to make their own game distribution platform make games exclusive to it and then they can't even **bleep** sell their own games.

Message 7 of 10 (6,716 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I cant buy anything whatsoever, whether its a new game or an in-app -purchase. I tried to add in the proper payment method like it was recommended, but when I hit add payment method it just popped up with a blank white box ( I mean seriously cmon EA!! I could program a better system for that! ). At one point it was charging me $1 for everytime I retried it ( even when Origin told me to retry it ) and it still doesnt work. All of my billing information is correct, but it just for literally no reason wont let me buy ANYTHING ( therefore error 10049, which is basically 666 to me now ). And it doesnt help when they dont even have a proper site email so I can complain to them and maybe get a solution out of this. 

Great job Origin, youre stealing money from us, not letting us actually buy anything, and your whole system is jacked up to the point where no one can use it. 

Message 8 of 10 (6,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine says error i dont have the money, but their is a transaction that went through saying it got paid for and its not showing up still

@Inkytiger wrote:

Didn't work :/ Thank you though, I will contact customer Report

Message 9 of 10 (1,896 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Mackfaye_123 I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

For billing issues you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,869 Views)