Black and White 2

by Dyzzzo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black and White 2

★★★ Novice

I know this is a pretty old game, but I don't know who else to contact regarding this. I recently attempted in re-playing Black and White 2 but there is a visual glitch in the game for me whenever you pan around the world or move at all. Basically pieces of the landscape will disappear and then reappear when you move around. It is very frustrating and makes it to the point where it is basically unplayable. It also crashes if I do try to play and save my file. Does anyone have any possible solutions to this? All of my drivers are up to date, I have a significantly overpowered video card for this game (290x), and I've tried running the game in compatibility mode with XP service pack 2 and 3 so I don't understand why these issues are present.

Message 1 of 26 (34,053 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Black and White 2

★★★★★ Expert

@dililiznizzo

Run game as administrator with Windows 98 compatibility and reduced 16bit color mode. Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 98 / Windows Me compatibility
-reduced color mode: 16-bit (65536) color
-run this game as administrator

- right click on the game in Origin, select Game Properties, and tick disable Origin In Game.

Greetings

@yahel_1

Spoiler

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Bump Head the whole system. ""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (38,953 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@dililiznizzo

Run game as administrator with Windows 98 compatibility and reduced 16bit color mode. Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 98 / Windows Me compatibility
-reduced color mode: 16-bit (65536) color
-run this game as administrator

- right click on the game in Origin, select Game Properties, and tick disable Origin In Game.

Greetings

@yahel_1

Spoiler

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Bump Head the whole system. ""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 26 (38,954 Views)

★★★ Novice

Holy * man, I think that fixed it! Thanks so much for your help and quick response, it's greatly appreciated!

Message 3 of 26 (34,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Confusedmileyhappy:we're welcome @dililiznizzo

Spoiler

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 26 (34,022 Views)

★★★ Novice

You know I hate to ask, but you seem to know the ins and outs of whatever is going on, but I have another problem now....Black and White 2 is force closing on me now at random times. It was allowing me to play for maybe around a half hour before it would close but now as soon as I press "Continue" from the main menu it will force close. A pop up window appears saying that a problem occurred and that it needed to shut down the program. Any suggestions on what to do now? :/

Message 5 of 26 (25,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dililiznizzo

Did you try to run game it as a admin(right clicking the game icon on the desktop)? To see how click HERE.

And error reporting can be controlled through Control Panel\System and Maintenance\Problem Reports and Solutions\Change settings\Advanced settings. An administrator, or a user with administrative credentials, can modify the settings to:
-enable or disable Windows Error Reporting, for all users or a specific user.

-set the consent level  for Windows Error Reporting, for all users or a specific user.

-specify programs for which error reports should never be sent.

Greetings

@yahel_1

Spoiler

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Mess'up the whole system. ""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Retired champion.
Message 6 of 26 (25,753 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I followed all the directions you gave me previously. I added the program to be excluded from the Windows Error report but it still is crashing when I'm about to resume gameplay.

Message 7 of 26 (25,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dililiznizzo Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game
-Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General
Now restart Origin and make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights.

NOTE you need to play game in Borderless window.

And give me an answerConfusedmileyhappy: Thanks !

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 26 (25,742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Black and White 2 isn't an Origin game. It's a physical disc.

Message 9 of 26 (25,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Does not matter:manhappy: run game in borderless mod and give me an answer,That was the most important stepConfusedmileyhappy:

Retired champion.
Message 10 of 26 (25,731 Views)