Re: Battlefield 4 Product key

by DarkBanishing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 Product key

★★★ Newbie

So about a year or two ago, I bought Battlefield 4 Premium Edition. Since then, I have reinstalled origin numerous times as it wouldn't open beforehand, which is why i stopped playing BF4. However, even though the game files are intact and still on my computer, Origin is asking for a product key for the game. Unfortunately, I have no email from EA or Origin for a product key and it was a digital purchase. Help.

Message 1 of 6 (519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@SkyterrorNaruto In that case it sounds like there's an account mixup. From the description it sounds like you have more than one account and you've logged into an account without any games/history. 

You can try logging into Origin with any other email addresses that you may have used before? When you're logged into an account with BF4 you won't be prompted to enter a code when you log in.

If you have no luck finding the account, you can reach out to support. They can help to track down the account in question. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (522 Views)

All Replies

@NarutoSkyterror

Go to your game library in the origin client. Right click on the game and choose "game properties". Your game key should be visible now.

Message 2 of 6 (501 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Unfortunately, it's not in my game library
Message 3 of 6 (485 Views)

Community Manager

@SkyterrorNaruto In that case it sounds like there's an account mixup. From the description it sounds like you have more than one account and you've logged into an account without any games/history. 

You can try logging into Origin with any other email addresses that you may have used before? When you're logged into an account with BF4 you won't be prompted to enter a code when you log in.

If you have no luck finding the account, you can reach out to support. They can help to track down the account in question. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately, I know for certain that I have only 1 Origin Account, which had Battlefield 4 Premium Edition and Dragon Age: Inquisition: Game of The Year Edition. However as I said previously, dude to issues with Origin, I had to redownload it several times in order to get it to work. As such, my games have disappeared and I am left with an account that has nothing in it. Please tell me how I can activate my games, which, by the way, are still downloaded on my computer.

Message 5 of 6 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SkyterrorNaruto

In this very thread you use two Ids, which means that you have at least two EA/Origin accounts.

If you're sure that you are logged on to Origin with the right account, try the following:

Check that the path to the Game library in Origin match the folder your games are in. (In Origin, menu top left corner > Origin > Application Settings > Installs & Saves > On your computer > Game library location.)

If the path match, check if a filter is set in the Game library.

Origin Filter.jpg

If that doesn't helps, you need to contact EA directly. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 6 (433 Views)