Battlefield 3 free game activation problem

by Daverson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 3 free game activation problem

★★★ Novice

Hey,
I attached Battlefield 3 for free a few hours ago, and now i wanted to play the installed game, but it asks for activation code.
I didnt received activation code on my e-mail so i dont know what to do now.
I saw a product key on the Origin page of Battlefield 3 but it is not working.

What can I do now?

Message 1 of 21 (3,791 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 3 free game activation problem

Community Manager

Updated 06-06-2014

We are aware that following an update on June 3, a small number of users have been unable to activate or play some newly purchased games.

We’re really sorry for the inconvenience and delay in getting to play your game. We have identified the root cause of the problem, and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

We will update this post as soon as we have additional information to share.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-game-activation-problem/

Marked as solution for visibility.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 17 of 21 (1,476 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

When I click on the button to enter the code is said me to register a new account! What si this? I write my e-mail, but is said me "the e-mail is already exist".

When I write a random e-mail(invented) or a new e-mail is work. Then when I click play he appear again te create this account....Confusedmileymad:

Message 2 of 21 (3,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Daverson wrote:

Hey,
I attached Battlefield 3 for free a few hours ago, and now i wanted to play the installed game, but it asks for activation code.
I didnt received activation code on my e-mail so i dont know what to do now.
I saw a product key on the Origin page of Battlefield 3 but it is not working.

What can I do now?

You can't skip past the automatic code registered in the Origin Client copy that you used to download the game (it might have required rebooting the Origin client software). 

However, look at the top Sidebar announcement, and . .

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Battlefield-3-On-The-House-Free-downloding-issues/m-p/2882966...

Message 3 of 21 (3,582 Views)

★★★ Novice

I didnt used any code to download the game, so I still dont know what to do. :/

Message 4 of 21 (3,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I don't know any other languages' words for the English term "Automatic", so try looking up the definition.  It's ALREADY recorded and doesn't have to be "Registered" again! 

There is already a master for a similar problem.  Look at this, and then visit with a Game Adviser about it: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Can-t-activate-Battlefield-3-after-getting-it-quot-on-the-hou...

Message 5 of 21 (3,560 Views)

★★★ Novice

I understood what automatic means, my problem is that, I still CAN'T play the game no matter what you say about it.  It says "Enter product key." :/

Message 6 of 21 (3,492 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm realy very confuse...:manindifferent: So... what is the solution to the problem? Was found one?

After I enter the product code is said "The product key entered cannot be used to active this game".

After the Battlefield 3 FREE will disappear, I could play the game?Confusedmileysad: 

Message 7 of 21 (3,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, same problem here. It says I should have received the activation code in an e-mail. And yeah...I have one e-mail from EA/Origin, but it only contains a receipt of the "purchase".
I'm sure you guys are greatly overwhelmed due to this discount. I bet half of the world is trying to download BF3 at the moment. So, yeah it is inevitable to have problems.
But if you could tell me/us when (approximately) and how this problem will be solved it would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Message 8 of 21 (3,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same Issues with ME3. WHERE IS ORIGIN SUPPORT!!!!!! 

@Darth_TIRU wrote:

Yeah, same problem here. It says I should have received the activation code in an e-mail. And yeah...I have one e-mail from EA/Origin, but it only contains a receipt of the "purchase".
I'm sure you guys are greatly overwhelmed due to this discount. I bet half of the world is trying to download BF3 at the moment. So, yeah it is inevitable to have problems.
But if you could tell me/us when (approximately) and how this problem will be solved it would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Message 9 of 21 (3,240 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Do all of you need better vision correction? 

Announcements

We are aware and investigating an issue occuring when trying to install games (Battlefield 3, Plants Vs Zombies, Mass Effect 3 and Crysis). Read and monitor this article for more information.

Message 10 of 21 (3,217 Views)