Origin client, no option to add xbox or PSN friends

by JDBurns1

Original Post

Origin client, no option to add xbox or PSN friends

★★★ Newbie

I just created a new EA account, downloaded the PC client and I am trying to add XBox & PSN friends.

So, in the menu bar on the client I click Add A Friend and there is no option to sign in to Xbox or PSN ?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-add-or-import-friends-into-origin

Why am I missing this option, I cannot add my friends !

Message 1 of 19 (39,728 Views)

Re: Origin client, no option to add xbox or PSN friends

★★★ Newbie

Any update on this please, I contacted support via chat and they said the option is removed and to report it here?

Message 2 of 19 (39,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here, Feb 26th 2017,

the link above does not work.

Message 3 of 19 (39,452 Views)

Community Manager

@Battlecry2014

I just checked the link and it worked without an issue. I will copy/paste the info here:

Find your friends with EA Accounts from Xbox Live or PlayStation™Network and import them into the Origin client.

Add or import friends into the Origin client

Find your friends on Origin and add them to your Friend List so you can play multiplayer games together, share what you're playing solo, and chat about gameplay strategy. As long as they have an EA Account, you can import them to your friends list.

Open the Origin client, click Friends in the menu, and click Add a Friend… You can then choose one of the following options:

Xbox Live or PlayStation™Network friends

1. Click Connect next to the Xbox Live or PlayStation™Network logos.
  2. Log in with your information.
  3. Select which friends you’d like to add, then click Send Friend Request.

Origin friends

1. Enter your Origin friend's username, real name, or email in the Search for Friends field and click Search.
  2. Under the user’s profile picture, click Send Friend Request.
barry.png
Message 4 of 19 (39,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As usual EA's help was completely useless because THERE IS NO PSN/XBOX button. But they just spit out the same drivel and wonder why no one likes Origin and Steam owns the entire gaming market.

Message 5 of 19 (39,404 Views)

Community Manager

@fathorse2

The linked article was just updated yesterday so the above info is now not correct.

Updated page: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-add-or-import-friends-into-origin/

barry.png
Message 6 of 19 (39,393 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA at it again. Posting same links that are COMPLETELY unhelpful and do not solve issue what so ever. Literally 5th time I've been sent to that link that does nothing or does not provide information. THE ISSUE IS that there is no option to link to XBOX or PSN accounts.

Message 7 of 19 (39,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You guys completely removed the ability to link accounts together. I have and XBL account that was tied to some game 10 years ago and no longer have an option to link my Gamertag to my current account. Way to not look into the actual issue to provide a real answer there.

Message 8 of 19 (39,307 Views)

★★ Novice

i have an psn account and i need to add psn on origine because i need to play from pc to ps4      

and that all the problem

Message 9 of 19 (38,727 Views)

★★★ Novice

Workaround:

go to https://help.ea.com/en/

click log-in and sign in WITH Xbox-Live or PSN-Account

System asks you for your EA-Account to connect both.

This worked for me

Message 10 of 19 (37,375 Views)