Re: Rux Bazaar dissapointments

by newmanbr

Original Post

Rux Bazaar dissapointments

★★★ Newbie

What happened with Rux ?

On Rux bazaar players could get new abilities, new mech skins, new characters, legendary pots...

Now only junk personalization items which are normally available in packs, sometimes legendary item

Basic character skin for 50 000 coins or more is a joke - really nothing great at all

Everybody waits for Rux - especially for abilities, legendary items, characters, legendary pots. Not usual items. Last few Rux appears where big dissapointing.

I think there is no administration now and it is set to give random usual items.

I have max level and all characters (without imp z7 and unicorn chomper) and most of items. But still dont have many abilities even those I saw at Rux at the beginning of my play when I had not enough coins to buy them as triple fireball, tracking fireball, diamond mines...

Why they are not available in packs ?

This is great game but without new interesting things is slowly dying. Please do something with that and give me and other players possibility to get new abilities (brand new or just those they dont have yet)

And legendary plant pots !!! - They are only available at Rux once a month or less by quantity of 10 pcs

I even dont use them bcs they are so rare that I dont want to loose them lol

Give them in pacs or any possibility to buy them for coins or get them other way or more often in bigger quantities

And asking for players support - are you agree with me guys ? Post your support here - maybe EA will care about us

Best regards

Alecki77

PvZ serie big fun

Strongly reccomend Pvz Heroes and GW2 - great products

Message 1 of 3 (1,828 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm also maximum level and my sticker book is within 400 items of having everything and while GW2 is a grind-heavy game the unfortunate fact is that it is also programmed to artificially extend that grind time.

My general impression is that Rux only offers new character abilities and some of the other Rux-exclusive items when specifically instructed to do so by the developers while other slots appear to be random selections of cosmetic items which you don't already have in your Book.

I really like the game but ultimately when I got close enough to having everything and the game clearly and specifically changed the drop rates and Sticker pack contents for me to dramatically slow down my acquisition of new cosmetic items and that was disappointing. Whereas before I was planning to keep playing the game at the heavy rate that I was at the time the clear programming designed to make it take even longer to complete the Sticker Book which kicks in when you get close to the finish line ultimately killed my enthusiasm for the game and now I hardly play it. 

After spending more than a year collecting about 8,000 items the prospect that it might take another year or more for the game to give up the last 400 or so items which remain for me to get was just too much to ask and I've largely moved on to other properties. The funny thing is that if the game hadn't clearly acted to slow down my collection rate I'd probably still be playing GW2 now instead of playing something else; The experience was much like running a marathon only to find that when just you are in the home stretch and can see the end the organizers suddenly and without warning move the finish line to double the length of your run.

I don't mind games which need grinding, nobody really likes it but a lot of us will tolerate it, but I do mind when games which need grinding specifically intervene to slow you down. Time gating is fine; so are daily or weekly or even monthly limits, but don't completely change the rules of acquisition or drop rates and slow me down on purpose when you notice that I've hit the 95% completion mark.

Message 2 of 3 (1,806 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree 100%.  Something needs to be done about this time gated content because drawing it out another 1 or 2 years is ridiculous.  We need and badly want those 10 unreleased abilities and 9 Legendary Hats. We also need/want RUX to bring back missed items we did not buy first time around.  Holding back on this content benefits no one and is angering the loyal players to the point of giving up on the game.  I wish I knew the person in charge to complain to but they are not listening because this has been going on for months and nothing is done about it.  I would love to see RUX come every week with something new and wanted but I know that will never happen :-(

Message 3 of 3 (1,783 Views)