Connection required!?!

by Gluca70

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection required!?!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Why do i need to be connected to the internet to access the single player portion of the game that I PURCHASED!!??????

Message 1 of 8 (1,424 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connection required!?!

Community Manager

@Gluca70

If you want to play multiplayer, i.e anything that involves playing with another player online you will need PS+ for PS4 or XBOX Live Gold for XBOX One. If you want to play solo you will still need an internet connection but do not require PS+/XBOX Live gold.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/READ-FIRST-Known-issues-links-guides-and-FAQs/td-p/5192494

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,672 Views)

All Replies

Re: Connection required!?!

Community Manager

@Gluca70

If you want to play multiplayer, i.e anything that involves playing with another player online you will need PS+ for PS4 or XBOX Live Gold for XBOX One. If you want to play solo you will still need an internet connection but do not require PS+/XBOX Live gold.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/READ-FIRST-Known-issues-links-guides-and-FAQs/td-p/5192494

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,673 Views)

Re: still need an internet connection

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm not an idiot and you're not telling anything I don't know already... That is why the post is titled  "Connection required!?!" not   "Playstation Plus Subscription Required!?!"....

My issue is precisely with the fact that I still need an internet connection to access the single player portion of the game which means that if I have a bad connection or have any problem with it that prevents me from connecting and going on line or take my ps4 on a trip somewhere I cannot access the internet for that matter, I cannot play at  all a game that I spent OVER £60 ON... I can play with any other single player games that I purchased and I have loads of them so why not with yours??...

So I would love to know what exactly is the point, if there is one whatsoever, beyond this, cause I suspect I'm not the only one pissed off about it and in the long run is only going to hurt you as a company more than you are already.

Message 3 of 8 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It clearly states on the game case Internet REQUIRED and also states quite clearly in the description of the game on all platforms digital versions Internet required, when in doubt don't just blindly buy a game cuz it looks cool, do some research first

Message 4 of 8 (1,307 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with you 100%! This is sooo lame! 

Message 5 of 8 (1,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is the same with me, but on xbox one

Message 6 of 8 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Adultswing you are the embodiment of the perfect customer for companies like EA, don't question anything pay money and bend over... I do my research in everything I do and when I think something is wrong I make sure to point it out and put it forward. If I like a game I will buy it and i will want to play it when I want and where I want, if I'm bind by something that prevents me to do so I get pissed off! I bought it, its mine and I should be able to play it at my leisure, end of story. If you like to be a sheep it's your prerogative, good for you but don't come comment just to criticise others for the sake of it and to make yourself feel better and above everybody else, go to your shrink for that.
"You are the weakest link, goodbye".
Message 7 of 8 (1,091 Views)

Hero (Retired)
The Internet connection is required because all game related information is saved to the server rather than locally on your system.
Message 8 of 8 (1,083 Views)