Re: STAR WARS Battlefront II Is Coming!

by ivrognard

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

Well, I'm glad that it's fully official. I'm sure that Yoda will be the most popular character to play. 

Also I saw the first trailer of Episode VIII. It containts no spoilers, I think. But I wonder how the bad guy sirvived the destruction of entire planet.

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 11 of 17 (673 Views)

@Straatford87 ah, the so-called leak. Me thinks that you guys leaked it to see the responseStandard smile

See..i can do conspiracy theoriesStandard smile

Joke aside, those cinematics looked beautiful. And even better, i am gonna have a new PC, next week. It took a bit, but now it's here. Because of Easter (it's Easter here), i couldn't pick up the order Friday (many small business owners, and not only,  are giving Friday before Easter free to employees). So i can pick up the rest of my components somewhere between Tuesday and Friday, next week (most likely Friday, seeing how swamped in work i am). Which means that i will lose my week-end having fun with Windows 10.

In other news, i was just reading how season 4 of SW: Rebels will be its last. And seriously, Rebels was more SW than SW VII or the prequel trilogy. And the fact that Rebels brought Mandalore in the official timeline, basically aknowledging The Old Republic events...Overall, it seems that SW will have a really good year.

And, yes: Happy Easter to the people celebrating it and a very nice week-end to the ones that do not celebrate it.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 12 of 17 (662 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Kozzzmozzz @Retro-Pathfinder

Yup - finally official! Glad to hear that you liked it :-)

@ivrognard

I honestly have no idea about the leak, but for the fans I guess it was awesome that they could catch a glimpse of the trailer earlier then intended!

And awesome that you're finally getting your new PC. I remember that we first talked about it quite a while ago, so I'm happy for you that the wait is (almost) finally over!

Message 13 of 17 (650 Views)

@Straatford87 i like to get exactly what i want, so i have no problem to wait a wee bit more than i estimate. If wasn't for the Easter and the small Easter vacation i could have picked up my parts today. But i get that people have to relax and celebrate (i am not a religious person, but i learned to respect others beliefs). And i've waited so much, no problem in waiting a few days more.

I will post my complete configuration, when i will have some time. I'd say that is quite decent for my budget.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 14 of 17 (639 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

If you know exactly what you want then it makes the wait a bit easier. When you've set it up, let us know! Curious to see which set up you went for Standard smile

Lastly, I hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

Cheers,

Message 15 of 17 (630 Views)

Hero

The quality of Star Wars game is all over the place. Some are great (Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Jedi Academy, the Lego games), some are decent (Empire at War, The Clone Wars), and some are simply horrendous (The Force Unleashed, Star Wars on NES).

I didn't play much of the original two Battlefronts because my internet connection was quite poor at the time. The more recent Battlefront by EA I thought was quite fun but it gold old really fast. I think the return to class based combat in Battlefront 2 (which they should have just called Battlefront 4) will really help with replayability and I think a single player campaign will help new players get a feel of the game before jumping into multiplayer.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 17 (611 Views)

@Fred_vdp EA should borrow the best ideas from the first SW Battlefront 2 and come up with something new, too. Why not having the stuff that worked so well in the past and innovate at the same time? i get that is a risk, but people will appreciate the effort. 

I've played most of the SW games on PC and what i miss most is something like X-Wing Alliance or the Rogue Squadron or KOTOR series. I had my share of fun playing the old SW Battlefront games (the second was the most played) and i miss that insane fun. The things that are keeping me away of MP in our days: poor reflexes and toxicity (mostly due to the competitive culture that was spread in the past 10 years). I want to have fun with friends and not be cursed and sweared by people that seem to have no other goal than increasing their stats in one game or another. I miss the times when you could just jump in a game and no one would make a fuss because you weren't up to their expectations. 

Back to the new SW: Battlefront, the fact that the game will have a SP campaign is a selling point for me. Hopefully, they will have some skirmishes against bots, too, like the old Battlefield games did. The trailer looked good, i'd like to think that the campaign will be at least on par with the one in Titanfall 2. 

I also hope that EA has more games lined-up this year, besides the established franchises (come on, you have so many studios, i can't believe that you do not have at least one new franchise to unveilStandard smile)

Message 17 of 17 (599 Views)