Re: Origin Spotlight - Managing Your Games and EA Account

by Red_Hood_1810

Original Post

★★ Novice

@Straatford87

dear Tom i already have two people search my account but they couldnt find anything

however here is the funny thing me and a friend had a world togther in simcity and he have this account and his brothers as his only friends

is there anything i can do i have seen loads of other people with the same problem

hope u can help

--kasper

Message 11 of 21 (1,133 Views)

EA DICE Team

@oertoft2

Heya,

From what I can tell from the case that you've created with support, it appears that you did not have the product code or did not remember other email addresses. That means that our Advisors won't have anything to search on.

However, it appears that you've added Simcity to your account once more. Please let me know if you've got any further questions.. Standard smile

Message 12 of 21 (1,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i downloaded my old sims 3 onto my mac air and tried to play it through a portable dvd writer. it kept saying that it could not read the disk, however it would work on my sisters mac. so i downloaded origin to try to play the game without the dvd writer and whenever i try to type my product code it says 'code has already been used'. i read the FAQs however they are very unhelpful because i have no other games in my library, for this is my first encounter with origin. i know that I'm the only other person to have used my sims 3 game so i don't understand why it keeps saying that the product code has already been used, for i do not have another EA accounts, or any that I'm aware of. i don't know if it keeps saying that because i already tried downloading the game onto my computer? but i deleted the file and cleared my trash? so i don't know how to get my game and product file onto my computer and i could really use some help!!

Message 13 of 21 (800 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hey @jdicris1

As mentioned in the post earlier, this is most likely a case where you are signing in using an incorrect account. Your code is redeemed on some other EA account that you can't remember, and you cannot use the code again on any other account as it is already in use. 

If you are unable to recall the correct account, reach EA Customer support with the code and they should be able to help.

You can contact them here :
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
If you are unable to sign in, you can choose the option Trouble signing in? on the Sign In page.

You can get more information on contacting support by following this link : http://help.ea.com/in/article/contact-ea-help/

*** Please grant XP and Accept as solution if my suggestion helped. It will help me as well as anyone facing this same issue. Cheers and happy gaming. Thumbs up ***

Message 14 of 21 (794 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly! All you will get from this company (Origin) is nothing! They have no right whatsoever to take over OUR games, OUR computer, and OUR freedom to play anytime we want. I never had any problems with my games until this company took over. I have asked repeatedly for them to release my games. I have told them countless times to do this. What they done, essentially, is to kidnap out games and computers so the bosses can enrich their pockets. Please spread to word: Origin is a thief!

Message 15 of 21 (770 Views)

Community Manager

@suzantreedplayer Can I ask what issue you're having? Having games tied to an account is standard across the industry, and we have no reason to prevent someone from accessing their content.

We want to ensure that everyone can access their content, if you can't play it can you let us know what's happening and hopefully we can come up with a solution. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 16 of 21 (753 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi. Thanks for responding. Yea, I have a bunch of unhappy feelings about Origin. Basically, before they took over, my game played great. Very soon after that merger, my games started freezing, acted extremely sluggish, and would cut off the play, and exiting back to my desktop. That resulted in loss of everything I had  accomplished.

I spoke with people at EA; they couldn't fix anything. I must have contacted them at least three times. I spoke with Origin people too. I found out at that time that Origin ran everything. Then, just by chance I started noticing that whenever there is bad weather, Origin loses contact with its satellite, and I in Alabama, would lose my game. There was no trouble on my end. My computer did not lose power; I did not lose any functions on my computer, not any other functions. Just The Sims game. Plus, I can't play Sims Pets. Every single time that I have Pets installed, within minutes, my computer stops and send me back to my desktop. Very frustrating!

These issues never occurred until Origin took over. Never problem one with EA. Their customer service actually helps. I do not understand why Origin has anything at all to do with me. I do not play online. I do not use the Sims portal. I do not have any function at all to do with Origin. This is why I say players of Origin games are hostages to Origin.

Thank you for listening. I am sure you cannot do anything to resolve these problems. But it did feel good letting of steam. Thank you very much.

Message 17 of 21 (727 Views)

EA DICE Team

@suzantreedplayer

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been experiencing with Sims and Origin.

I would love to make sure that you can have a trouble-free gaming experience, so in this situation the best thing to do would be to reach out to an EA Advisor directly - note that EA and Origin are the same company, so we can definitely help you out there.

If you can navigate to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ then you can contact an Advisor directly who can walk you through any steps or questions that you might have. Do keep me updated on the situation!

In the meantime, thanks for reaching out.

Kind regards,

Tom

Message 18 of 21 (713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I PURCHASED THESE GAMES WITH HARD EARNED MNEY WHY IS IT SO HARD TO REDDEM/INSTALL????? i HAVE SIMS4 & CITY LIVING BOTH GAMES SAY THE PRODUCT CODE HAS BEEN USED BEFOR... WHAT TO DO

Message 19 of 21 (572 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@yagirlkenzi

Hi! It's against the forum rules to write in CAPS, please do not dot hat again.

Have you installed the games previously? Or else, who did you buy them from?

I'm trying to register my game but it says the serial code is invalid/already used

Depending on the situation the solution to this may vary.

You bought the game on Origin
If you bought the game on Origin, it's not necessary to register the code anywhere. Download the Origin Client here: http://origin.com/download, log in with the same email you bought the game with and find the game in the Game Library tab within the Origin Client to download. You don't need the serial code.

You bought the game on DVD and the box was sealed
Make sure you typed the code right. The following letters look very similar and are easily mistaken for each other

• 0, O and D
  • 8 and B
  • Z and 2

If it still says it's invalid, try taking it back to the store you bought it from and exchange it. If they are not willing to do that, contact an EA Game Advisor with proof of purchase ready.

You bought the game on DVD and the box was not sealed/it's a used game
Used games cannot be re-registered. Take it back to where you bought it and get a refund.

You bought a key from a key seller
Contact the key seller for a replacement. If you bought the game from an unauthorized seller, it's possible that EA blocked the key if they were bought fraudulently by the seller. You're better off to only buy from authorized sellers.

You have already registered the game yourself and are trying to reinstall the game
The game does not need to be registered again. Login in the Origin Client with the Email/PW you first registered the game on and download and install the game from there. The game only needs to be registered once and you won't need the code again after your initial registration. This is true for both the DVD and the download version. You can skip the activation step on reinstalling.

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

If you don't remember which email you registered them on, you can contact  EA game advisor. As you have the game code they should be able to find out which account the game is on, then you just have to prove you're the owner by logging in to the correct email or answering the security question.

Go here to contact EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

• In the upper right corner, choose your region. If it's not there, choose US or UK.
  • Choose a game. If you need help with an account issue, choose Origin
  • Choose your platform
  • Choose topic and issue to give EA details.
  • Click Select contact option, and hopefully you get in touch with someone fast!

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck!

Message 20 of 21 (560 Views)