Re: Need for Speed™ Payback

by 13thDemondswag

Original Post

Need for Speed™ Payback

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hello all,

The trailer for Need for Speed™ Payback is here and the game is coming November 10th!!!

For more info and to pre-order check out https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback

Any questions? Drive over to the Answers HQ forum for the game. 

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 1 of 9 (1,827 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Will there be a beta?
Message 2 of 9 (1,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're development needs 1 more year because I see game glitches in the video. 3D model perspective doesn't look right.

Message 3 of 9 (1,628 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, 

So i just pre-ordered it and when i go to my library i see that i can do a pre-load and that is about 22 gigs of download. The windows release date is only on the 9th. So if i download this now would i have to re-download another version again once it gets released? 

It does mention that the trial would get carried to the actual game. So does this mean i can download this now and play for 10 hours and after release everything gets carried forward with no extra download requirement? 

Thanks! 

Message 4 of 9 (1,313 Views)

@lakshman13 You will download only the files that will allow you to play if you already downloaded the rest. Not sure about the trial, no Origin Access here to confirm or deny that.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 9 (1,300 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is there no forum support here from EA? Wow new game released and they can't be bothered to support customers. I can truly see why people pirate games as you pay your money if it doesn't oh well at least the pirates aren't out of pocket for the cash. This is not a good way of doing business!! Well I'm glad I stopped in to see the complaints and lack of support. This is a Driving Game with no support for steering wheels..lol. My car has a steering wheel ...not a game pad this is just to funny. I,m so glad I did not purchase this with out finding this out ....they have kept it well hidden and I,m sure they will be busy refunding because of it!!!

Message 6 of 9 (1,289 Views)

@ThunderstruckX5 gonna point that Answers HQ is not the official support of the EA

Check this to understand the boards better

Yes, there are community managers to keep the things going awol, but there are also unpaid volunteer moderators from the community ranks.

As the FAQ points, we are a bunch of players trying to help.

Back on topic, the lack of a racing wheel was common knowledge. The system requirements given a few months back stated clearly that has only gamepad support. So, hidden?! Don't think so. But, yeah, a lot of people miss something like

INPUT: Dual analog controller

They should have just put it in more simpler terms. Anyways, NFS was always more arcade than simulation. The only exceptions from this rule were the Shift game and even those were arcadish. You want racing simulation with a wheel, i can recommend some.

Personally, i stick with my keyboard. It does the job nicely in this new NFS.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 9 (1,275 Views)

★★ Novice

hello and thank you,

so i was looking at the normal size and it comes to 30 gigs but the pre-order is only 22, so from you are saying, i would have to only get the remaining 8 gig later.. Standard smile 

Message 8 of 9 (1,267 Views)

@lakshman13 Actually, the size needed on the hard drive is always a wee bit bigger than what is installed. The installer (any installer) needs always some extra free space for some background operations. So it won't be that muchStandard smile

Message 9 of 9 (1,257 Views)