Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
abyssalmerc

How can I get my Steelseries 3GC Controller to work?

I recently purchased a Steelseries 3GC controller, and can't seem to get it to work with NFSW, I have Xpadder in-case I need to use it for keyboard emulation, but neither method for using the controller seems to be working with NFSW, can someone give me advice on how to make this work?

Keeper
meehow2p

Re: How can I get my Steelseries 3GC Controller to work?

Xpadder should work globally to allow controllers to work effectively as an HID-keyboard device. Make sure you're running both programs as administrator (NFS and XPadder).

To do that permanently: right click -> properties -> compatibility tab -> run as admin check box -> apply -> ok

If you still have an issue, please contact SteelSeries Support directly here: http://www.steelseries.com/support

-Mike S @ SteelSeries Support

Keeper
abyssalmerc

The controller works fine for every game i play, except Need For Speed World, i can't get it to do anything when the NFSW client is the current foreground program. any other game it works fine for, just not NFSW.

Keeper
eddieg78

return that thing me an my wife both play i use a logitech f310 controller all u do is plug it in an boom works an she uses an xbox 360 controller it cant be wireless all u do is install the windows driver for it an run xpadder an ur good man

Keeper
abyssalmerc

Don't have an Xbox of any kind, and buying a another gamepad that costs more than $30 is not an option, the gamepad i have works fine with ANY OTHER game i play, EXCEPT Need For Speed World, When i'm running NFSW none of the buttons work, not even Xpadder can get the gamepad to work. So does somebody have a solution that doesn't involve spending more money? because it looks to me like it's a NFSW Client problem, not an issue with my gampad or Xpadder.