Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acolyte
null
Accepted Solution

'Fatal error 7'

Whenever I go to launch the game, an error box comes up that says 'Error_Fatal_ErrorCode_7' then it shuts down. Please help me fix this!

Keeper
theshavedyeti

Re: 'Fatal error 7'

I got this a few times,  i just completely re-installed the game and it worked fine after that.

MattBolt1
Topics: 31
XP: 83
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 3
Solutions: 14

Hello null,

I've gotten this as well. Is it chronic? How often does it happen? Try contacting EA at: https://help.ea.com/contact-us.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

MattBolt1

Lookout
julesk301

happens to me too, but after 5-10 mins of playing. happened when I played for too long, and only once when i just started to play.
Sentinel
Metallicamilo311

Hi players with fatal error / 

i was having that problem over and over, how did i get it solved? just go to the home page and download the new setup. http://world.needforspeed.com/download 

when the file downloads, run it as administrator. Then, click on repair.  Enter the game and enjoy :smileywink:

- if this does not work, Delete the .hsh files

If you find that the game launcher downloads the same size files repeatedly, this could mean that launcher temporary files are corrupted. To rectify this head to:

Windows 7/Vista
                C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed World\

Windows XP
                C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed World\

And delete all files ending in ".hsh". These files will be regenerated when you restart the game launcher. This process will take a few minutes, but once the files are reconstructed the issue will go away.

(taken form EA support) https://help.ea.com/article/nfsw-launcher-troubleshooting

Best regards, \m/ kamilo

Click on solution and EXP if it helped you :manvery-happy:

Keeper
yamanlamoureaux

ERROR CODE 7 IS AN INTERNET CONNECTION PROBLEM I WOULD SUGGEST CHECKING YOUR ROUTER AND POTENTIALLY RESETING YOU INTERNET CONNECTION IF THAT DOESENT WORK CALL YOU INTERNET PROVIDER IT COUD BE A NETWORK PROBLEM

EA_Najat
Topics: 436
XP: 1,598
Solutions: 656

[ Edited ]

This information should help you; like yamanlamoureaux said, it's indeed a connection issue:

• I am getting kicked out getting the FATAL ERROR CODE 7!

This means you have for some reason lost connection to the Need For Speed World Servers. This is quite common if you're using wireless connection. Make sure you've enabled nfsw.exe in Windows Firewall and any other firewall software you might have installed.

For Widows 7/Vista go to control panel -> Security -> Allow a program through Windows Firewall. (you will need admin rights for this). Choose allow another program and browse "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed World\Data\nfsw.exe" and add it.

You also need to be sure that your router/firewall/ISP* have the following ports open:

• TCP: 12683, 443, 5222, 5223
    • UDP: 31928, 5222, 5223

* = Internet Service Provider
    In some occasions you will need to call your ISP to have them open up the ports for your since they might be blocked by default and perhaps, it wont be possible to open them up because of policy/restrictions with your ISP.

If you're still experiencing problems with error code 7, try and use wired connection instead of wireless. If you're using a router/hub/switch and still get theese problems, bypass the router/hub/switch and plug in the cable directly in to your computer to make sure its not any hardware causing theese problems.

I hope this helps.

Subscribe to your questions to get notifications when someone replies

➩ Topic option ➩ Subscribe
Keeper
derangeddragon99

I have worked, and reworked, and checked, and rechecked my connections, but I stlll get this error code.  I also get the following error message:  "Fatal Server Error".  Then, when I exit the game and try to get back in, I get told to check and see if the servers are up and running.  Since my gateway always shows the servers up and running, that means that there is a problem some where.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit; and only get this problem about once every three (3) months.  What is happening?

Keeper
pizdajimglupa

[ Edited ]

EA SUPORT DON'T GIVE A ABOUT CUSTOMERS. ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY. I got this error and all what you have too do it's to contact ea game suport about this error and then they sould fix it but nooo you cant even sent them a email and if you have lucky you get their email but it takes them a year to respond on it.

Keeper
pizdajimglupa

this is not a solution