no sound during cutscenes

by shihuandgi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

no sound during cutscenes

★★★ Newbie

hi,

i don't have any sound during cutscenes, and while racing sometimes the sound goes away and comes back and the cars give noises like a lawnmower.

i googled and googled but didnt found any answer that would make my problem dissapear, i tried updating my sound cards, all kinds of settings but nothing really helps,

thanks in advance!

Roy Salien

Message 1 of 13 (16,232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: no sound during cutscenes

★★★ Novice

the fix for me was to set the origin software to the EN - US language in application settings and after that a game re-install

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (18,579 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Hi,

I'm just having te exact same problem...

Hope there's a solution for it!!

Message 2 of 13 (16,183 Views)

★ Novice

Hey,

I've found a solution...

Right click with your mouse on the game in the Origin launcher, and click on "repair setup" or something like that, then it is gonna check the files, if something is missing (in my case) it downloads the missing files for you.

I really have no idea what went wrong during the download of the game... But after downloading a additional 700mb of files the sound is finally there.

Hope this works for ya, have a nice day! Standard smile

Wolf.

Message 3 of 13 (16,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it didn't work for me   i even reinstald it but stil no good

Message 4 of 13 (15,777 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Freek117 

Can you try to change the port you have your headset plugged into?

Also in-game try changing the surround mode to stereo

the_run.JPG

If the game audio sounds unbalanced, please ensure that any audio enhancements available to your sound card are disabled.

Message 5 of 13 (15,757 Views)

★★★ Novice

the fix for me was to set the origin software to the EN - US language in application settings and after that a game re-install

Message 6 of 13 (18,580 Views)

@daWhizzy wrote:

@daWhizzy 
Good to know but it's strange;  I am not sure how the language may affect the audio but thanks for sharing the solution.

Message 7 of 13 (15,740 Views)

@Freek117 

Can you tell me us the solution above helps? Thank you.

Message 8 of 13 (15,738 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't pretend to be a developer but my guess is that it is a simple redirect error. Although many items ingame are in Dutch (in my case that is) this does not count for Audio and subtitles. If the game takes it's language from the default origin client language it might be looking for missing language files and subtitle files that don't exsist. Might be solved with a 1mb patch

Message 9 of 13 (15,733 Views)

★★ Novice

Worked for me !! Standard smile

Message 10 of 13 (14,132 Views)