Re: Product key Already used

by ucatalin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Product key Already used

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA,

I have just purchased a copy of Need for Speed on the run, have gone to install the game on my computer

only to find that I have gotten this error " this code has already been used"  C92A-9MF6-7KWY-BRJQ-8BH7.

I have tried with and without the - as shown on the booklet in the case but with no luck,

I have been a long time follower of the need for speed games and have a lot of other games fro EA.

Any help with this would be great

you can reply to an alternative email (stevenlamy1@gmail.com)

Regards,

Steven Lamy

Message 1 of 3 (8,782 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Hi there

Did youbuy the game brand new and sealed or was it used? If the code has been used before then it will never work again as they are single use and you will need to buy another game.

However if you did buy the game new and the key does not work, you need to contact Customer Support.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. Make sure you have a game, a category and a platform selected for the options to become available.

If the Live Chat option is not active for you, choose US as your country.

Remember to click accept as solution and click the XP button if this answer helped you!

Kuro

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (10,085 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Hi there

Did youbuy the game brand new and sealed or was it used? If the code has been used before then it will never work again as they are single use and you will need to buy another game.

However if you did buy the game new and the key does not work, you need to contact Customer Support.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

You have the option to contact them by mail, phone or Live Chat. Make sure you have a game, a category and a platform selected for the options to become available.

If the Live Chat option is not active for you, choose US as your country.

Remember to click accept as solution and click the XP button if this answer helped you!

Kuro

Message 2 of 3 (10,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue with Need for Speed, brand new, sealed.

EA support can't help with this and recommends going to the retailer and asking for another key. 

I think it's sad that EA can't keep tabs on the keys they issue, or prevent illegal usage of keys people are actually then buying to their loss. 

Quite hard in some countries to return a game disc to the retailer, based on the fact that the key doesn't work with Origin (the store staff don't even know what that is), especially since the retailer sold it as brand new, sealed (for the retailer, their job is done and all's good).

EA support should help with issuing new keys based on proof of purchase, and not force legit customers to debate with retailers.

Will tend to stay away from Origin due to this incident. Too bad that they actually force it on their customers.  

Message 3 of 3 (8,381 Views)