GAME WILL NOT LAUNCH FROM ORIGIN - EA SUPPORT HAS NOT HELPED

by Barza1971

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GAME WILL NOT LAUNCH FROM ORIGIN - EA SUPPORT HAS NOT HELPED

★★★ Apprentice

I am running a Windows 10 64 bit PC. On this PC, Origin, Uplay and Steam are installed. Over 200 games are installed and working. Only two are not functioning, having initially been working on install. Those games are NFS the Run, and Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box. In both cases when I hit "play" from Origin, I see the cloud sync message, and then the game does not launch.

I have made three attempts to troubleshoot this with EA. I have gone through all the steps suggested more than once. At the end of this, I have been told to reinstall the OS.

Given that this PC has over two hundred functioning games working on it, I am not prepared to do that. Moreover, I am not at all convinced that this would "fix" the problem. I believe the problem may have something to do with the two games in question also being played on PS3 using my EA account, and there may be an issue with saved game on the two platforms. Regardless, i am not prepared to reinstall the OS given that only these two games do not work. And none of the diagnostics I have been asked to run by EA support have shown any errors.

I have tried running the games in all the various Windows compatibility modes, as an administrator, uninstall then reinstall the games, repair and verify the game files - result is always the same: no error message, but no game launch.

If anyone has any ideas, much appreciated.

Message 1 of 15 (1,040 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GAME WILL NOT LAUNCH FROM ORIGIN - EA SUPPORT HAS NOT HELPED

Community Manager

@Barza1971

The error code you are getting is this: c0000094

Please try replacing the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed The Run\Core\EACore.dll

With this one: https://download.dm.origin.com/usertest/EACore.zip

Please respond with your results here, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 15 (1,113 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Barza1971

Can you click the settings icon next to the game or right click the game and then Game Properties, Cloud Saves, Restore Save.

This will restore your most recent non-cloud save and may allow you to play. Please let us know your results here either way, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 15 (1,033 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Barry - thank you for taking the time to reply.

I tried the steps you suggested - unfortunately, the behaviour of the game is the same as before, it simply does not launch.

As a Community Manager I would very much appreciate any steps you can take to progress this, as my experience thus far has been bruising and very disappointing.

I am sure you can appreciate that being told to reinstall the OS on a PC where over 200 games (including 16 other Origin games) are working fine does not consititute advice a user is going to take, or should be asked to accept as the last word on the matter.

Message 3 of 15 (1,028 Views)

Community Manager

@Barza1971

Yes, I agree, an OS reinstall is a very last resort.

Can you try disabling cloud saves via the check box at the same place as above. Do let us know if that has an effect, thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 15 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi Barry

I tried disabling cloud saves as requested - the game still does not launch.

Is there a way I can organise an EA support technician to remote into my box and take a look at this, given that all other attempts to fix this have failed?

Message 5 of 15 (1,015 Views)

Community Manager

@Barza1971

The error code you are getting is this: c0000094

Please try replacing the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed The Run\Core\EACore.dll

With this one: https://download.dm.origin.com/usertest/EACore.zip

Please respond with your results here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 15 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Barry - REPLACING THE EACORE DLL WORKED!!!!!!!

Thank you very much indeed.

Can I ask you also to troubleshoot the other game that has exactly the same symptoms on my PC - Burnout Paradise.

Cloud saves are already disabled (and there is no eacore.dll - I already looked).

Thanks again

Message 7 of 15 (998 Views)

Community Manager

@Barza1971

That's awesome, thanks for replying.

As for Burnout Paradise, can you check if when you right click the game if there is a 'Repair' option available. Click on that if it is there and again post your results here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 8 of 15 (996 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Tried repairing - the game still will not run.

Message 9 of 15 (975 Views)

Community Manager

@Barza1971

Please post any error message you may see.

Can you try a clean boot to see if that helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the problem continues can I ask you to post your Dxdiag report as that may have info that will help us with further troubleshooting, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 10 of 15 (969 Views)