Can't get past intro quick time event

by SarenGethi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't get past intro quick time event

★★ Novice

I am stuck at the 1st quick time event at the very beginning of the game.

The intro's quick time event to escape the car shows the 1st "X" button command, but after successfully pressing X, no other quick time event button command appears and I die every time.  I am stuck watching my character pulling at the duct tape on his steering wheel over and over.

Other things to note:  I have a ps3 controller emulating a Xbox 360 controller with SCP server over USB.  The game always defaults to Xbox 360 controls, (the menu and quick time event options all have the Xbox 360 buttons next to them), BUT the controller never works.   No buttons, no sticks, and trying to remap the controller doesn't recognize their input either.

So, when I press the "X" quick time event at the beginning, I am actually pressing the equivalent on the keyboard.

Only keyboard and mouse work, but the Xbox 360 buttons still remain on menus and quick time events while using the keyboard.

I have tried uninstalling the Xbox 360 controller through windows and SCP, but the game still defaults to displaying Xbox 360 buttons on menus and quick time events.  

I'm on Windows 10, GTX 970, MSI Gaming 5 Motherboard, game is installed on Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

Message 1 of 5 (1,046 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get past intro quick time event

★★ Novice

So disconnecting peripherals and performing a clean boot didn't change anything.  

However, I finally got past the quick time event though by looking at a video of the PC version to see what buttons I was supposed to press.  

Turns out I was supposed to press the Enter key instead of the Ctrl key when "X" appears.  I just memorized the order of keyboard buttons from the video to get through the quick time events.

Weird thing is, pressing Ctrl instead of Enter still gave me the green flash around the "X" quick time button, as if I was successful.  So that's what made me think Ctrl was the correct key.

The controller still doesn't work, but the game is playable with the keyboard.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,169 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@SarenGethi

Can you let us know if disabling origin in-game helps with this please.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-The-Run/Joystick-not-working-Keyboard-not-working/m-p/450767...

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,039 Views)

★★ Novice

It was already disabled when I checked, so I enabled origin in-game and restarted the game.  That didn't change anything.

I closed the game and disabled origin in-game again.  Same result.

Message 3 of 5 (1,030 Views)

Community Manager

@SarenGethi

Can you please disconnect all peripherals including your controller and then perform a clean boot and retry:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

barry.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,020 Views)

★★ Novice

So disconnecting peripherals and performing a clean boot didn't change anything.  

However, I finally got past the quick time event though by looking at a video of the PC version to see what buttons I was supposed to press.  

Turns out I was supposed to press the Enter key instead of the Ctrl key when "X" appears.  I just memorized the order of keyboard buttons from the video to get through the quick time events.

Weird thing is, pressing Ctrl instead of Enter still gave me the green flash around the "X" quick time button, as if I was successful.  So that's what made me think Ctrl was the correct key.

The controller still doesn't work, but the game is playable with the keyboard.

Message 5 of 5 (1,170 Views)