Re: motor city online

by pitbull14218

Original Post

Accepted Solution

motor city online

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

will you ever bring back motor city online? if so when? it was my favorite racing game.

Message 1 of 11 (10,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@sgtdoxey75 

For a multiplayer Online racing game you can have a look at Need for Speed World (Free to Play – PC Download).

There is no annoncement about this title in particular.

The list of Upcomming games is available here: Comming Soon Games - EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (12,491 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@sgtdoxey75 

For a multiplayer Online racing game you can have a look at Need for Speed World (Free to Play – PC Download).

There is no annoncement about this title in particular.

The list of Upcomming games is available here: Comming Soon Games - EA

Message 2 of 11 (12,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Need for speed World Doesn't even come close to being in the same Ballpark of motor city Online.

I wish Game Makers had better insight to when they make a hit and never realize it.

It's frustrating. 

Message 3 of 11 (10,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Motor City was never explored by EA as they thought Sims Online would be big like Reg Sims.

And only had the focus of Motor city's servers for Sims online but Kids don't have 15 per months so it was a flop.

Motor city could be the racing worlds World Of Warcraft if EA focused.

Seems EA is far too busy Re releasing the same games over and over quickly reworked slightly or graphically improved and renamed/re-marketed as new.

Minimal Investment and push * for $$$.

EA needs Game lovers running it again.

All we can do is hope someday they'll wake up meanwhile we must go to devs. like Rockstar.

Or Hope Another dev will Run with Motor Citys soul and Idea and Make the Racing community's version of World of Warcraft Forcing EA to Sit in slump over their Sitting on a hit for years and never seeing it.

Although I think they are trying with need for speed world but the team running it don't have a clue they should really get real world hot rodders and street racers and car builders to capture the feel of what it is that actually makes people want to spend ALL their dough on a car that they Build/Race/Show

to Feed a cyber world ego with real world catalogs for builders parts and Hot spots to cruise to so you can show off your ride and spectates others in theirs with added ability's to get out and walk around all the rides all the perks of real world street Life and car peoples worlds with the real world cons missing (Only $ 15 per month) I push for subscription fees as so many games are ruined when they don't have Active GM's to block hacking and Exploiting of players and Cyber world.

Catalogs to order your parts from like Summit/Jegs/or P.A.W.  as real car guys Living or virtual don't like performance Idiot steps like performance lvl 1,2,3,4,5

a Game don't need to be dumbed down for Low skilled Player/builders.

as low skilled players can copy builds or as they would in real life Hire builders to do what they can't.

or just buy the cars already built.

every part having durability is important as it makes a noob able to beat a pro if the pro breaks down losing his Bragging rights /$$$ or even his Ride.

Having NPC and PVP is Important for every lvl of Player to have fun.

The Best way to Make a Game like this work would be JUST take THE REAL WORLD AND BUILD IT IN A GAME With Building cars or buying used and new.

real world catalog orders for parts. cops showing up here and there Occasionally if they get a Buzz on the Location

but also having legal tracks Where Police don't Patrol

Being able to exit a vehicle would be good as you can gawk at and inspect other peoples rides up close for there ego boost and a real world Presence.

and feeling and even being able to flag them off as they race.

Entering the race shop for Machined parts to drop off or pick up or picking up that new Motor you had On order

or walking through a used car lot to browse and maybe test drive your next Build. or ordering your next ride special from the local Ford Dealer.

Having a Home That you purchase with a Muddy yard where you park your beasts owned and A shack out back where you work on your rides and later buying or having built your new home with A nice garage and shop for parking and building your Street Machines And later Having Mansions for the Elite With Elite shops and 10 Car show rooms that they can store and show off their Elite collection of Rides or future projects they intend to restore.

Gas station necessity would be cool oil changes and fuel consumption. N.o.s. Fills. the more time people spend driving around gassing up or just wasting time seeing sights the longer they play and the more subscriptions stay active. the more places to waste time the more $ the game makes the devs in turn keeping our game around.

Gas stations would be in world but Homes and Shops And build Garages would be Side loads as to not lag the Large Populated single server EVE online does it.

The race meet Areas in the world would be Revealed by a cell phone to a friend player or NPC or by following NPC Cruisers and asked for at a light or gas station Like in real life. and would change Locations as cops get the buzz on their locations and move in for busts.

Hey this is Not condoning street racing it's pulling it off the streets and putting the Racer in the safety of their own home for the measley price of only $15 to $20 per month. and the cost doesn't buy the player the privilege to play but rather provide the protection that comes from Having an active GM team to keep the soul of the game unmolested and equal of the games design. to Maximize fun and block The would be grievers that take pride in ruining others fun but rather turning them into opponents or friends as all grievers are players too.

Car clubs could get Mass discounts from Summit and other Builder vendors.

NPC and PVP could be mixed together at the meeting or Hot spots. or even the local Real Time world Advertisers Place of business.

if  co. like 7-11 gave the dev. XXX sum of $$$ to have their Locations in the world players could meet their to cruise Women check out others rides or even look for the local Boys to show Woman can race too and maybe even better.

Hey check out that HOT paint job on her car. It has to be A Micro transaction I NEED ONE TOO.

Races could be Roaming Street Locations and Track races Giving circuit, point to point, and drags.

Allstate May want to pay for a location People could go to purchase insurance to fend off non insurance tickets by police. 

oh wait Maybe they could save 15% if they hit the local Geico  Office which could be placed in the world for a small fee be Geico and while your their playing virtual world PEOPLE they could click a link taking them to real world Geico Salespeople so they can save 15% or less for their real world cars as well.

hey wait I need real world Home insurance let me save real world gas and drive my Virtual world car to the local insurance rep to purchase that as well..

Oh need to do Online shopping heck there's Wal-Mart in the virtual world I can shop at and have it real life delivered. using real world Visa for all of course

as virtual world $$$ only works for Virtual world products. Wait virtual world Wal-Mart also sells Virtual world tires as mine are getting worn.

can't have them blowing costing me the race.

I wonder if there's a dev. profit to be made from the real world purchases in this Speculated Game of the Future???

if the dev. was smart their would be.

This is a skim of what I would Like to see in a game.

Thanks for your time Sincerely

Marci Quick.  

Motor City Online FOREVER!!!

Message 4 of 11 (10,697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Best response i have heard about this game ever.i with you 100% on the real world parts catalogs no other game can compare to this... Motor City Online Best Racing Game of All Time, hands down!!!

Message 5 of 11 (10,622 Views)

[ Edited ]

1) WOS is coming & already has most of NFSW's community http://wos.my.com/forums/showthread.php?6481-World-of-Speed-Is-The-Best-Game!-!&p=95183#post95183

2) NFS EDGE is coming & already has growing community http://www.needforspeededge.com/yeni-mesajlar/204722/posts  <-this is un-officiel forum

Yours sincerely, Mikimuster3
I am a volunteer and not an EA employee.
Important Priority Necessary (Improve the solution to your problem):
- https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/
- https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/
- https://twitter.com/eahelp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"XP" button = reward someone's effort! (this is like saying "Thanks")
"Accept as Solution" = important for other players with the same problem!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*P.S. Most enjoyable EA= https://www.ea.com/games/coming-soon
Message 6 of 11 (10,613 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well said!!!  EA should contact "Summit Racing" for a catalog so they could possibly get $$ for advertising summit's name.  Racers could go to the catalog and buy parts with real stock numbers and real prices.  I would hope that the team would create classics only.  I didn't much care for the rice burners when they came out at the end.  Also there should be a junk yard for cheaper parts and cars to get started and rebuilding.  Dealerships for the cars of your dreams.  Mechanics to help with suggestions for novice or new builders. Realistic damage that increases with your skill level because you should be a better driver and would assist new racers with winning races.  

Want Motor City Back - only game that really kept my attention because the sky was the limit.  Building and rebuilding cars.

COME ON EA THERE IS A MARKET HERE!!!!  I'M WILLING TO PAY A MONTHLY PREMIUM

Message 7 of 11 (10,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
YES! A million times yes. I have played world of warcraft since release. I will probably continue to play. I love the game. I LOVE it! And if EA contacted me and said they would bring back MCO IF I deleted WoW and never played it again, I would delete it without question. It was THE BEST racing game I've ever played. I could even compare it to racing games of today, with their updated graphics and engines. They need to bring it back. I think it was too ambitious and way ahead of it's time when it released, but now people are ready. Bring it back. And not a lame NFS version, but the original game how it originally was. To hell with stage 1 engines, I wanna actually build one with parts that actually existed like the original.
Message 8 of 11 (10,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bring it back!

Message 9 of 11 (9,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Man I miss that game so much, It was the best racing game I ever played. Total backyard mechanic. Wish EA would bring it back

Message 10 of 11 (9,139 Views)