Requesting update to remove host migration

by acuallyizrien

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Requesting update to remove host migration

★★★ Newbie

I am sure everyone has experienced it, but quite frankly, I am sick of being mid race and being sent back to the garage because of host migration.

I have tried to do the Grand Tour mission 6 times just today and every single time, host migration kicks in, makes me leave the race and sends me back to the garage. Do you know how many times i have lost excessive amounts of speedpoints? too much. at least 4 times have i tried to get the 500,000SP achievement, and having my game disconnected via host migration when i have been on 400,000+ speed points. i am quite pissed i will never get them replinished.

All i am suggesting is, is dont allow people to host servers, or if they do, fix the issue so that when i have 1 mile left out of the 26 miles on the Grand Tour race, that i dont lose my spot and almost peg my controller at the tv.

pls respond.

Message 1 of 10 (6,091 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Requesting update to remove host migration

★★★★★ Novice

I think if you set your Matchmaking Setting to Single Player under All Drive Settings, you won't see any host migrations.

You will be alone in the world though, except for AI drivers Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,781 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

I think if you set your Matchmaking Setting to Single Player under All Drive Settings, you won't see any host migrations.

You will be alone in the world though, except for AI drivers Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 10 (6,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Setting to single player is how I had to get my 500,000 SP. was having so much fun I actualy banked over 600,000. You can also see who is the host leader on the alldrive settings screen, and you can hit find new session until you are the host leader, then it wont migrate you, just everyone else when you leave.....unless your internet connection cant handle the bandwidth. And yes, any acheivements you do in single player will transfer to the speedwall as soon as you go back to public games. Besides, setting up a server hub like that would cost hundreds of millions of dollars. They cant even give Playstation players the oppertunity to own every car!

Message 3 of 10 (6,061 Views)

★ Pro

There's no point in playing online really if you're doing events on your own. Also, you wont have the issue with the areas not loading and you getting stuck in the middle of no where. Go online when you want to chase others as a cop and stick to single player for the rest.

Message 4 of 10 (6,051 Views)

★ Guide

I came across this annoying host migration quite a few times, it is annoying I understand, but you can switch to single player mode only if you don't want to join online sessions Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (6,044 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And there lies the rub, because the game is ALOT more fun online playing against other people! For some events its worth it though, like the hot pursuit grand tour, which in itself takes like 12 minuets to complete.

Message 6 of 10 (6,037 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, I remember that race, it was a lot of fun, I'd like to have some filter to which online sessions I can join, because sometimes, the rubber banding and lag is so prevalent that it's unplayable at times....

Message 7 of 10 (6,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you all for your **bleep** help, my sincerest apologies for my late reply Frown i had forgotten about this post until I pulled out my Xbox One.

you were honestly a great help and I will go and change my settings now

love for you all except gretchen weiners 

Message 8 of 10 (6,010 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did it in 9:57. Now that I know to go to single player, I should get a much faster time.  Confusedmileytongue:

Message 9 of 10 (5,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for the info. I didn't know you could change it to single player. I have been kicked out 3 times in 15 minutes
Message 10 of 10 (3,797 Views)