ROAD TURN TO DIRT AND CAR GETS STUCK

by Caprica--S6X

Original Post

Re: ROAD TURN TO DIRT AND CAR GETS STUCK

Message 41 of 46 (704 Views)

★★ Novice

I too am having this issue, game is installed on C drive like the link says. I have had to reinstall it 4 times in the past week to make things work, then a day or 2 later it just glitches up again and I need to repeat the process.

Message 42 of 46 (688 Views)

★★★ Novice

Greetings everybody who is having this problem with this game. I bought it a few days ago and had same problems all over the place, but there is interesting thing I have found! Sometimes when I get stuck like all of you does in any other way it sometimes got out of that freeze and continue the game as normal, aprox time when it was getting back from freeze was from a few to about 20 seconds. Next thing is that those damn random disconnects that is happening with host migration and stuff... I though what if you DC, but something happens in server and it just hangs you in the game without proper reconnection and forces game to freeze. So what I done is simple: Block NFS Rivals in Windows Firewall from access to internet (how to do it google it). After some short testing everything looks working fine and random freezes gone for good (for now). Although I want all of you to reply here if it worked for you or not! Have a good day and I hope it will fix it for all of us.

Message 43 of 46 (600 Views)

EA DICE Team

@smorctorque

Thanks for the tips! I do hope that it will work for other players as well.

Let's wait and see Standard smile

Message 44 of 46 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello again. This was my second day testing out how this game freezes and not... so lets get to some details I have found!

1.When I blocked NFS Rivals in Windows Firewall it looks like the game is not freezing at all as intended with this fix, but with this a new bug came out (like its not enough already). So the new found bug is textures of the world. The far reaches textures of world are glitching, not properly loaded or even missing... The close line textures around the car and world is displayed as intended. Restarting game after first launch fixes this issues and sometimes it is not even happening at first launch so I think its fairly random.

2.When NFS Rivals was unblocked from Windows Firewall again so it could access EA servers. Same freeze happened two times in a row in the same spot when starting Overwatch Challenge. I noticed when NFS Rivals is running it is using hard drive not much, but it is visible by percentage (about 7%) in Task Manager. When game freezes hard drive is not used at all apart from CPU and RAM.

So my speculation around connection with EA servers is bugging game to freeze at some point might be correct. EA_Tom, is there any way to contact a devs of this game so they could look into this problem with my details that I have mentioned? This game might be old, but still many gamers is playing it and might be that this point was not looked into back then when it started?

Message 45 of 46 (581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Barry , @Straatford87 

Well, as of Feb, 18th, 2023 this issue still affects the MP servers. Doesn't seem to happen in private or solo servers. It's been a few years since I've been in-game, but it still happens. You can click to 33:18 in the vid to see where it first happens in my stream. Not sure if EA has any interest or care to address the issue, but it's still there. Good to see everyone. 👍😎

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5fpenFNqw

Message 46 of 46 (275 Views)