Pgup Doesn't Work?

by Matress_of_evil

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pgup Doesn't Work?

★★ Novice

I've just loaded the game for the first time, but it's unplayable. I get into the tutorial, and it tells me I need to press pgup to start a race. But nothing happens when I press the button. I've tried every button on my keyboard and nothing happens.

I forced closed the game in case it was a random glitch. It made me watch the intro all over again, and then the same problem happened. Why can't I play the game? Anyone have any ideas? Or have I just spent 50 quid on something that doesn't work?

Message 1 of 35 (65,429 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pgup Doesn't Work?

★★★ Newbie

HEY.TRY fn (FUNCTION KEY) AND TOP/UP ARROW.IT WORKED . I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM

+

View in thread

Message 16 of 35 (61,023 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

This is an easy fix. Press fn (function key) AND page up. I had the same problem, But this fixed it for me. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 35 (65,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks for your help, but I don't understand. What is the "function key"? Do you mean one of the F1-F12 buttons? Which one?

Message 3 of 35 (65,158 Views)

★★★ Novice

The key that says Fn on it.

Message 4 of 35 (65,150 Views)

★★ Novice

Fn? There is no such button on my keyboard, and i've never heard of a keyboard with such a button. I'm confused now.

Message 5 of 35 (65,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh. Are you using a laptop, because my keyboard has a button in blue letters that says Fn on it. Try searching for a key that looks like it means "function".

Not on google, on your keyboard. it my say function or fun or fct or something. Sorry if im confusing.

Message 6 of 35 (65,129 Views)

★★ Novice

No, i'm on a PC, not a laptop. There's definitely no such button on my keyboard.

I've spoken to a customer service advisor at EA now and they were unable to trace the problem, so they passed my logs on to technical support. I just need to wait to hear back from them by email.

So thanks for your help, but someone is looking into it for me. Keep the ideas coming though if you think of anything else in the mean time.

Message 7 of 35 (65,127 Views)

★★★ Novice

Trust me. EA could not help me either. Try this: Holding the PgUP press every single button on your keyboard.

Message 8 of 35 (65,120 Views)

★★★ Novice

Or maye your keyboard has compatilbility issues.

Message 9 of 35 (65,104 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Once this happened to me this is a game bug, point is that when you drive to the road for the very first time  do not drive off in other directions as just straight on to the road and  you need to find those arrows on the roadway indicating the training event if you do not find yourself on these arrows and  instructional video will start you will not be able to continue

Message 10 of 35 (65,088 Views)