Re: PS4 - Ultimate Racer Pack - SRT Dodge Viper DLC?

by cwilson244

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Sounds like to me that both EA and Sony are pointing the fingures at each other. I found this from the offical Sony customer help sections. Someone contacted Sony regarding this same issue and he is basically told that the issue is with EA not Sony:

Another update: Sony replied to my complaint and I just got off the phone with them. Apparently the content is in-game and no download. As such the code should reveal the content within the game but for some odd reason it doesn't. Sony is now connecting my case with them with the case number I have with EA and will forward it to HQ to research the problem together with EA and will get back to me. Fingers crossed.

Over a month later and still no solution. It got up to the point that Sony's replies got very rude and referred me back to EA so I'm full circle. I'm pretty sure I can do without EA games from now on...

Message 11 of 12 (587 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did the same thing for for over 2 months. the game disk and download has the Viper data on them, as well as the nissan GTR black edition cop cars and all Liverys. Sony wont allow the content to be unlocked. As they put it "It's a buisness decision" . Exact words they used. EA produces the game disks on a mass scale, and they are identicle for every platform, Just code specific. And yes, Sony gets alot more angry and upset than EA. In fact everybody I spoke with at EA was very polite even if they were unhelpful. After a couple weeks, everybody I spoke with at Sony was rude, unfriendly, hostile, and vulgar! Obviousley Sony doesn't care one ounce for its customers. Just their money. Their customer service policy seems to be "buy our stuff and shut up!" I am begining to think EA stands for "Extra Annoyance" any more as well, with all the bugs in their game releases lately! Just my opinion.

If the problem was with the disk/download and the content not being on them, then why did Sony yank the viper out of the loaded garage DLC from the playstation store? You can still get the Nissan GTR and everything else from Sony/PS, so why is only the Viper data bad? And ONLY for the PS? The Movie cars are not game disk/download data, but you can purchase them as a DLC. How hard is it to have a Viper DLC like the other platforms (Xbox and PC, it's called "Ultimate Racer")? Everybody that preordered NFS: Rivals from Gamestop for the Playstation has the Viper. The people that bought the Loaded Garage pack within the first day of its release on the Playstation Store have the Viper (it originaly had the Ultimate Racer pack). So again, its not EA and the disk/download data, its Sony and the deal they have with Gamestop and Gamestop exclusives. The "buisness decision", remember.

That is why I am now boycotting all Sony products. I will let them know my displeasure by never buying any of their products again! As soon as Microsoft gets the saving issues with the Xbox figured out, I will buy a shiny new Xbox and start the game over. To hell with Sony and the PS4!

Message 12 of 12 (578 Views)