Re: Need for Speed Rivals and Logitech steeringwheel G25 or G27

by JamesWjRose

Original Post

★ Guide

Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Better yet, take all the steering wheels out of the developers cars and make them drive home with a keyboard.

That might drive the point home.     hehehe

Off to play Grid 2.

Steering wheel and manual shift.

Message 101 of 471 (2,200 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have WIn8.1 and didn't know that steering wheels were not supported.  I have registered for a refund.   I have to agree with everyone else here, lack of support for this device is not okay.

Sincerely,

James Rose

Message 102 of 471 (2,171 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Actually, if the inability to use my racing wheel isn't bad enough, it's especially annoying to load up the game before turning my joypad on only to then discover that I have to restart the game because unlike other games, NFS Rivals only seeks out a joypad when it first starts up. NFS Rivals may support the Xbox controller for windows but it's not fully supported if it happens to be a wireless xbox controller.

Message 103 of 471 (2,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't get your hopes up.  EA hasn't exactly been making strides in customer satisfaction lately.  Also, the percentage of gamers that use wheels is pretty minor compared to those who get by just fine with a controller, same with Battlefield and Joysticks. 

Honestly though, PC gamers are mostly a side thought to publishers these days, even those who built their names on PC Gaming(cough, EPIC, cough).  I remember having a blast with my HOTAS joystick in BF2 or tearing up the track with my G27 in Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed... but alas the focus on console development by publishers has watered down the experience on the most flexible platform, PC.  Not that I'm hating on consoles, I own all the last gen boxes, but it's just a bummer to see the PC specific features removed in favor of generic, no frills, ports.

Message 104 of 471 (2,130 Views)

★ Guide

They have dropped the price big time on amazon.

I payed the full price and day of release delivery.

Feeling like a complete idiot now.

This is a deal breaker for me. I'm completely fed up with EA and "ghost."

How about offering a way to a refund if this game is not to be completed.

Message 105 of 471 (2,067 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Steering wheel support required across all platforms.

Please EA listen to your customers.

Don't push me into bullying tactics yet again.

Message 106 of 471 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just wanted to say that I'm one more disappointed by this.

It has NEVER cross my mind that you would release an NFS game without wheel support, as I have all the other ones....

I have a Logitech Driving Force GT, a Playseat and a nice big TV set. Now I'm back on my couch with a tiny controller in my hand....

There was word that all Driving Wheels for PS3 would work on PS4, so I bought this game on PS4. It was a HUGE surprise to see that not supporting wheel was not a technical limitation from the PS4 but a well thought DECISION by EA/GHOST.

I cannot even imagine how that decision could be made?? (Then again, I cannot imagine how somebody could ruin Simcity's launch)

Get your act together, please. Geez, I was even ready to buy the PS3 version if the wheel was supported there and not on PS4.

Message 107 of 471 (1,994 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please EA/GHOST/CRITERION listen to your customers.

Steering wheel support across all platforms please.

Best Regards :catmad:

Message 108 of 471 (1,977 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm still waiting.  Does anyone know how I can get a full refund until they respond to us with an actual answer? If this NFS Rivals does not support steering wheels on ps3 then I want a full refund.

Seriously, how do I get my refund, anyone?

Message 109 of 471 (1,936 Views)

★★ Guide

Here's what EA has posted regarding refunds for physical products:

What is your refund policy for physical products?
All physical products purchased through our Origin Store come with a 14-day unconditional guarantee. If you don't like it, you can return it within 14 days of its delivery for a prompt refund -- no questions asked!

Refund will be by method of original payment; shipping and handling not included. The customer is responsible for shipping costs to return products.

For full details, please go to our terms of sale.

Just in case somebody's wondering about PC downloads:

What is your refund policy for PC digital downloads?
For PC digital downloads, we've introduced the Great Game Guarantee.

The Great Game Guarantee allows you to return EA digital game downloads (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-purchased/pre-ordered, whichever comes first.

The Great Game Guarantee help article has information on how to request a refund. For full details, see the Origin Great Game Guarantee Policy.

Message 110 of 471 (1,918 Views)