Need for Speed Rivals - FAQ

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed Rivals - FAQ

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

How do I play multiplayer?

The game will automatically match make you into a multiplayer game. You can change the match making settings from the AllDrive Settings menu. From the Alldrive Settings menu you can also find a new session if you wish to match make anew and play with other players. If you whish to play alone you can always set the AllDrive settings to Private.

How do I play together with my Friends?

When you launch the game it automatically tries to join your friends who use the same AllDrive Setting as you are. You can also join or invite a specific friend from the Friends Menu.

How do I know if I’m playing with others?

All players in your game are listed in the left hand side of the Map screen. While driving you can also bring up the Players menu within the Easydrive to see who you're playing with.

What Multiplayer modes are there?

In Need For Speed Rivals there are no specific multiplayer modes, everything you can do alone you can also do while playing with others.

How do I play an event with another player on my server?

Provided that both of you are playing for the same faction, simply drive up to an Event and when you see the green AllDrive prompt, hit Accept and both of you will join into the event.

Sometimes parts of my HUD turns green, what does that mean?

This message indicates that another player is nearby. While you are AllDriving all SpeedPoints you earn are increased and the more players you are AllDriving with the larger the benefit.

How do I play alone?

In the AllDrive Settings menu set matchmaking to Private or Single Player.

How do I quickly find my friend on the map?

On the left hand side on the menu screen you see the name of all players currently in your game along with their gamer picture. If they are out driving, their position in the world is also marked with their gamer picture.

What is a Speedlist?

Speedlists make up the Racer Progression. Each Speedlist consist of a set of objectives, once all objectives are done the Speedlist is complete. Completing a new Speedlist increase your Rank and unlock new Vehicles and Liveries. Every Speedlist has a SpeedWall that allows you to compete against your friends over the fastest completion time.

What is an Assignment?

Assignments make up the Cop Progression. Each Assignment consist of a set of objectives, once all objectives are done the Assignment is complete. Completing a new Assignment will increase your Rank and unlock new Vehicles. Every Assignment has a SpeedWall that allows you to compete against your friends over the fastest completion time.

Can I replay an already completed Speedlist/Assignment?

When you reach Rank 21 in a faction you can pick and choose to play any Speedlist/Assignment from the Career Overview menu. Repeat a Speedlist/Assignment and try to complete it quicker than your friends.

What are SpeedPoints?

Speed Points (SP) are the rewards that you earn for everything that you do in the game. SpeedPoints can then be spent on Vehicles, Upgrades, Pursuit Tech, and Car Personlization items. e.

How do I save my SpeedPoints?

You must enter a Hideout or Command Post to bank your Speedpoints. If you're a Racer and you are out in the world, there is a risk of getting busted by the Cops and loosing the Speedpoints you haven't banked in your Garage.

What is Heat and what does it do?

The game will automatically match make you into a multiplayer game. You can change the match Heat is an indication of how much attention a Racer will draw from the Cops and is represented as a number next to an orange flame icon. Heat can range from one to ten.

As a Racer your Heat increases with the Speed Points you accumulate. In a addition to that, the more powerful vehicles start of with a higher Heat. Banking your Speed Points at a Hideout will reset your Heat.

When playing as a Cop you will earn more Speed Points for busting racers with higher Heat.

What is the Speed Points Multiplier?

When you play as a Racer you have a Speed Point multiplier in the top center of your screen.

All Speed Points that you earn will be multiplied with the current multiplier the moment you earn them. When you leave a Hideout you always start with a one times (1X) multiplier but the more Speed Points you earn, the higher the multiplier will climb.

The Speed Points multiplier can range from one (1X) to ten (10X). Banking your SpeedPoints or getting busted will reset your multiplier back to one (1X).

How do I unlock cars?

As a Cop you will be rewarded a new vehicle with every Rank you complete.

As a Racer, you will unlock a Vehicle for purchase with every Rank up to Rank 21.

What is Pursuit Tech?

Pursuit Tech are tools you purchase for Speed Points and equip on your vehicles. There are many different types of Pursuit Tech, and they can be used both for offense and for defense. You find the Pursuit Tech menu inside the Garage menu.

How do I upgrade my (car/Pursuit Tech/performance)?

When you are in your Garage, you can go into the second page and select what you would like to change/upgrad from the menu on the left.

Some items have costs associated with that, which you will need Speedpoints to purchase with

How do I use Pursuit Tech?

From the Pursuit Tech menu you can purchase and equip your current vehicle. Each Vehicle has two slots to fit with Pursuit Tech.

Why does my game keep going when I hit pause?

With AllDrive, Rivals isn't like traditional games as it blurs the lines between single and multiplayer. This means the game is always running and there is no "pause"-- in the traditional sense.

To avoid being seen by Cops or hit by other cars, we reccomend you hide or enter a Hideout or Command Post before entering the Menu.

What is a SpeedWall?

A SpeedWall is a leaderboard that tracks you and your friends performance on a specific item. This includes Events, Collectibles, and Speedlists/Assignments.

What is OverWatch?

OverWatch allows you to join and interact with your friends games through a tablet, smartphone or the web. Through Overwatch, you can monitor what your friends are up to as well as take action to help or hinder them.

What does it mean when I get an in-game OverWatch message?

You receive these messages when a friend interacts with your game through OverWatch.

There are many different actions they can take, such as Repairing or Damaging your Vehicle, Deploying roadblocks in your way, or refill your Nitrous.

How do I use Autolog Recommends?

In the EasyDrive menu you can find all your Autolog Recommendations. Choose a friend and then a particular recommendation to activate it. This will route you to the recommendation location and present the recommendation summary on the right side of the screen.

Message 2 of 2 (14,895 Views)