Original Post

Re: Need for Speed Rivals - Black screen only with full screen

★★★ Apprentice

the problem is solved for me too !=))

Message 211 of 242 (15,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Well, I created this forum 3 months ago, almost to the day. Tried most things to fix the problem at my end but to no avail. Even after I had finished the game I kept trying, just because I enjoy the game so much.

Well today I saw origin downloading an update and thought I would give full screen a try

IT WORKED!

Hopefully the new patch is all that is needed to fix everyone's issue. I will note though that I have the 14.1 ati beta drivers which may be helping with the fix.
Im going to play for a couple of hours now, hopefully lag free for the first time since release. If everything works well I will finally be able to mark this issue as resolved!!!
 Keep your eyes out for a blue McLaren P1, I won't be going slow.

Message 212 of 242 (15,556 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Looking very good on my end, is anyone at all still having the issue?

Message 213 of 242 (15,533 Views)

★★ Novice

Last update fixed it for me. Thanks to EA for finally resolving the issue. Please learn from this and don't do it again!

Message 214 of 242 (15,349 Views)

A solution---- I solved it.

★★★ Newbie

Well my system was working fine, running along in fullscreen without incident. Today however is a different story. I am running on AMD trinity A10-WIN7 with the APU graphics- As long as I disable explorer.exe it will run quite smooth. Now back tot he issue. I did not have the issue at all for the last week, then today it started. Thus far it will not go fullscreen without blacking everything out. I use alt+enter to switch between the two fullscreen or windowed mode. This is how I finally got BF3 to go fullscreen as well as NFS:MostWanted and BF4. Occaisionally during the beta for BF4 and BF3 this exact same issue would occur on both games. I think it is a common issue that is directx related. Meaning it is in the actual DirectXAPI and has been there then since DX10 when I first started to notice games having the same issue. Usually a quick alt+enter will fix it, if not then disable any remote connection software you have, i.e. teamviewer or others they cause issue with Directx as they want to share the screen and load into every app you load. I have fixxed a few issues with this one. I am going to try it right now, as I usually disable it all the time. Yep it fixed the issue. SO here are the steps to get it working right...

1. Disable teamviewer using task manager or do not load it at all and restart your computer.

2. If you had teamviewer loaded kill the DWM from task manager. it will restart automatically flushing the video cache for the windows management system.

3. After you have completed the steps above restart NFS: Rivals and if it does not come up in fullscreen hit ALT+Enter. and it should scale right up to fullscreen mode.

By the way I am 8 weeks from a  Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering and I am looking for a Job....

Message 215 of 242 (14,780 Views)

Need for Speed Rivals - Finally Fixed

★★★ Novice

I know it's late to reply, but since I hadn't played Need For Speed Rivals in some time and checked back here recently, it was nice to see that NFS Rivals was finally fixed to play properly in full screen. It now works properly through a PC plugged into a TV via HDMI since Feb. 18th, 2014. When I went to play NFS Rivals, it updated and now it's all set. In terms of how it was before, it was nice to not have to boot it via Tri-Def 3D or a VGA cable. Despite EA initially saying the issue could not be addressed, they fixed it in the end after 3 months. Thanks EA for addressing the issue!

On an important side note, I don't work for EA, but as a gamer and an observer, I think it's important that people, who want to be heard, should remain civil when talking about technical issues. I've said this before in my earlier posts because the way a person acts in person, should be the way they act online. Anonymity does not give a person the right to make threats or insults. If anyone were to approach the people who posted threats and insults on forums in real life the same way in person, then ask for help with something; nothing would be accomplished but a confrontation. Also, gaming is a hobby, unless it's your job, which makes gamers look incredibly low when they threaten people's lives over technical issues in a game. It's ok to be frustrated when something you paid for doesn't work as promised, but the way some gamers react online is the reason the media likes to link gamers with violent behavior, even though there's no real conclusive evidence of it. If you need an example look at what happened to the developers of Devil May Cry: DMC when they changed the look of Dante. I'm a professional graphic designer and art director by trade, but it made me ashamed to be a gamer by hobby and association. As a community, step up to be taken seriously, otherwise gaming will always be looked at as a juvenile hobby that people grow out of, no matter how big the industry is, or how much money it takes in.

Message 216 of 242 (14,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was also experiencing an issue with a black screen while in Fullscreen mode.  If I pressed ALT+TAB I could see things working but not when the game was full screen.  I found it was related to TeamViewer9...however I didn't have to uninstall TeamViewer9 completely.  I found that if I shutdown TeamViewer entirely from the task manager and then launched NFS Rivals then Fullscreen mode worked without issues  I did have to toggle Full Screen mode OFF/ON once before it worked.  So, you don't need to uninstall TeamViewer9 to get this working.  Then after you're done gaming you can simply enable TeamViewer again and you're ready for remote sessions if needed. 

It's too bad TeamViewer9 doesn't have a Game mode to handle this kind of situation.   

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction of a root cause/fix!

Message 217 of 242 (14,081 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm still having this problem, but mine doesn't even work while out of full screen, just a black screen. Reinstalled origin, NFSR, updated drivers, disabled Team viewer even uninstalled it someone please help.

Message 218 of 242 (13,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'm also getting this issue running a 8350 and r9 280 latest drivers for all tried updateing game and repairing both full and windowed do not work........ help please as annoyed i've wasted money on this right now

Message 219 of 242 (13,067 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, 

I'm also stuck at black screen after launching the game. Can anyone show me how to fix this?

Already tried:

1. Repair game

2. Update origin, gpu driver

3. Install new one

4. Run in compatibility mode

5. Alt + Enter not working

6. Turn off Antivirus/Firewall

Intel i7 4990 | nVIDIA GTX 760 | 8GB RAM

Message 220 of 242 (12,924 Views)