Need for Speed Network - Error 500

by M0Jamaan

Original Post

Re: Need For Speed Network

EA DICE Team

@Reinesis

It's much appreciated that you were willing to help by going through some of your Fiddler logs. We've often used that program to find connection problems with our Origin client. Too bad that you weren't able to find anything.

In the meantime, our tech team is still on it.

Thanks again for trying to help out Standard smile

Message 41 of 88 (993 Views)

Re: [Under Investigation] Need for Speed Network - Error 500

★ Novice
This was a big factor in my decision to purchase this game. Please fix. Broken on android app and web
Message 42 of 88 (939 Views)

★★ Novice

Now it's March...I hope EA is 'really' working on this issue..for real.

Please, it's really frustrating that I can't change my profile image which is one of the most basic community activities.

Message 43 of 88 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't believe they are working on it. More like sending a operations guy and keeping promising but no one is actually working on it.

Message 44 of 88 (883 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Dear EA_Tom,

I do not have much knowledge about server tech, but the problem seems to be with the servers; the error code presented when using a normal browser is "Error 500", which, according to Wikipedia is a "Internal Server Error", so it is probably not a client site error. The reason why the app on android and IOS crashes could be the same; due to not being able to reach the servers, the app crashes. 

I guess I do not have to tell you about this, as you most certainly already know it.

But if you want to hear a suggestion: I think you mentioned in a previous post that you/the support crew could not reproduce the issue (in other words, the servers are just fine for you).

Is it possible that the servers are perfectly fine for users in the US (or where ever they are operating from, i dont know), but don't work for users from other countries, because of some proxy or gateway not working? (or whatever other problem can be caused by international traffic, as i said, i dont have much knowledge about serves and websites and stuff) I myself am from Germany, and at least one User in this thread (i think it was @Raphael_Okumoto ) mentioned that he is from Brazil.

TL;DR: Is the problem only occuring for non-US players only, and is that maybe the source of the error?

Message 45 of 88 (857 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, everyone!
I live in Brazil and the NFS RIVALS AUTOLOG OVERWATCH companion (both site and android app) are fully functional. I only get the ERROR 500 when I try to change the profile picture. I really want to change it! Devil Please solve this soon...

Message 46 of 88 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi dude, I have the same problem since I buy the game in april-2015...

Any answer or almost some excuses?

Have a nice day!

Cheers!

Wink

Message 47 of 88 (779 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem.  I am having it on both Chrome and Edge on Windows 10.  I open the main page (https://network.needforspeed.com) and it tries to "autologin" as I don't get the option to enter username and password.  I then get the same "500" error message that others have mentioned and the "Origin Callback" url: https://network.needforspeed.com/auth/origin/callback

I have also tried opening the url in an "incognito" window and that allows me to enter my email and password, however when trying to log in, it fails with the above message.

Additionally, I have tried the NFS network app on IOS, but get some quick window popup that I can't read (just a white box for a split second) then goes back to the login screen.

Message 48 of 88 (626 Views)

★★ Novice

Not limited to non-US players.  I am in US and still have same problems mentioned.

Message 49 of 88 (707 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's working now! It still has some crashes, but at least it's logging into the Android app. I will test the site tomorrow. I'm from Brazil, and for those who want to play a race, just add me.

Message 50 of 88 (680 Views)