Re: My Progress on my profile have been erased XBOX ONE

by DaSmackAttack

Original Post

Community Manager

@randyhatfield550

If you are on XB1, let us know if the solution post on this thread helps at all, thanks.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Rivals/My-Progress-on-my-profile-have-been-erased/m-p/336822...

barry.png
Message 431 of 439 (3,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm a bit late to the party but I recently bought this game and EA still hasn't resolved this problem. I have reached level 19 three times and purchased the same cars and mods three times and every time I leave the game and come back I have to redo it all again from level 11. How come this hasn't been fixed yet? I've paid money for the game to entertain myself after a hard day of work and not stress me out even more.

Can you please fix this or provide a refund so I can buy another game.

Cheers,

DaSmackAttack 

Message 432 of 439 (3,259 Views)

Re: My Progress on my profile have been erased

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I found a solution that has worked for me a few times now guys Standard smile   I hope it continues to work

Whenever you want to save please follow these steps

1. Make sure you are logged into origin account (far right tab, extras)

2.  Change the car you are currently in to a different car. 

3. Exit the hide out or command post in the new car

4. Reenter the command post or hide out immedietly after

5. Go to all drive settings

6. Go to start private session  (game will look for new session)

7. once in new session exit hide out and reenter with the new car again

voila, you should be able to exit the game and remove the disc or shut off your xbox and still keep your level at this point. I believe it autosaves when you change the car and the save file updates for the new car. It's the only thing that has worked for me. Just changing the car didn't work but leaving and coming back with the new car and entering a new session and keep entering and exiting with a different car will update it.  Not sure the order but do it thoroughly.   Always remember to do this after each level up.  It only takes about 5 minutes and saves a whole lot of stress.  

Hope this helps everyone. 

Message 433 of 439 (3,002 Views)

★ Novice
I just bought a new copy of this game for Xbox One this problem is still going on. Is there some way to trigger an auto-save? When you change the paint job it says something about saving does it auto save your progress as well?
Message 434 of 439 (2,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just bought N4S Rivals for XB1 yesterday and played 8 hours of it. I managed to get to level 13 when I froze during a race and went to the home screen. I started the game again and my progress was the same. Today I went to play and I was in the middle of a hot pursuit when it froze again and returned to the home screen. This time my progress was lost. I had to start again at level 6, with the first car I had with barely any upgrades. EA support told me to log my complaint here, because there was nothing they could do. I really believe you should patch an auto save feature into this game. Restarting this way after achieving so much is discouraging. I'm afraid this will happen again and I don't even want to play anymore. I shouldn't jump through hoops to save my game. I will be requesting a refund and recommending all of my gamer friends and family never to purchase this game.
Message 435 of 439 (2,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Was this ever solved? It is happening to my dads xbox one game. Does anyone know how to solve it?

Message 436 of 439 (2,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here on Xbox One X. I'm really angry that a basic feature like this doesn't work. Stop the fancy features, focus on making a game that works ! It's the most important thing !

Message 437 of 439 (1,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fix! Go to Xbox hone. Check notifications and see where it tells uou on your achievements that you are level [latsst]. Launch game from this menu.

Tada!

Message 438 of 439 (1,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey. It's august 2021 and this junk has not yet been fixed.

Great work, EA.

Message 439 of 439 (1,020 Views)