Gearbox problems

by Mariborcan97

Original Post

Gearbox problems

★★★ Newbie

I'm having an issue where the automatic gearbox isn't working properly. For example, I'm in 5th gear and turn left at high speed. The rpm meter drops below 5000 (which is of course fine), but when I start accelerating again, the gearbox shifts gear at 5000rpm (and not 9000). After a few seconds I'm in 7th gear and the car just won't accelerate anymore, making it impossible to win a race. The only way to make the car accelerate again is if you have some nitrous or a turbo boost. Also, if I use a turbo boost at that point and get to high speeds, the car starts slowing down. The gearbox works fine on straights though. I tried reinstalling (both CD and download) and I'm still having the problem.

Any ideas? (I spent 45€ on this game and really don't want to throw it away.)

Message 1 of 11 (3,092 Views)

nfs rivals, shifting

★★★ Newbie

dear people from nfs

i have an ingame issue, involving shifting. my car just automaticaly shifts from 3th to 7th gear while driving 100 km/h. this slows me down a lot sow i am not able to win event and escape the police. can u please help me.

alredy thanks, J.Hollander

Message 2 of 11 (2,705 Views)

Re: Gearbox problems

★ Novice
i have same problem somebody help me what we do ??
Message 3 of 11 (2,980 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Rivals gearbox problem
https://youtu.be/eaYy7ZxVv_4

Ps4 Digital standart version

i reinstall game but never change this problem please somebody help how i fix this
Message 4 of 11 (2,955 Views)

Transmission shifts too early

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just recently when playing NFS Rivals on PS4 (hard copy), I experienced a bug where the transmission shifts too early, or sometimes completely skips a gear. Sometimes it shifts back down to the gear it missed, but usually it stays in the higher gear, usually short shifting again at ~4k RPM to the next tallest gear, slowing acceleration down to a crawl. This affects all cars in both racer and cop modes. Reinstalling the game and even deleting my save data and starting a new career did nothing. The bug was present from the first race.

This game is unplayable in its current state, which is unfortunate as even with the new NFS coming soon, I still would like to play Rivals. As of now, it's a $60 paper weight.

Message 5 of 11 (3,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this exact same problem. It just started a few days ago. The transmission shifts too early, severely diminishing acceleration and top speed. The game is totally unplayable now. EA and Ghost needs to be aware of this problem so we can have a patch to fix it, or at least reveal some kind of temporary work-around, if it's even possible.

Message 6 of 11 (2,865 Views)

Re: Transmission shifts too early

★★★ Newbie
Yep got this problem today too. I was playing fine but then this started happening. Did you ever find a solution?
Message 7 of 11 (3,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Just got this issue about 2 weeks ago.  was waiting and searching to find answers hoping EA would fix the issue with an update or find a solution.  still now answer.  ive completly restarted the game by removing all traces from the system including save file.  cleared the cashe by going into safe mode and rebuilding data base.  reloaded it and still did the same thing.  dident work!  the sad thing is it started when I bought a new copy on sale at the store (playstation) for 9 bucks put that on and so I dident have to put in a disk.  Thats when all this happened.  went back to hard copy to see if it would work by cleaning the system like I said before.  Its really sad I bought all the DLC, cars ..... everything and loved the game.  but still no fix. 

EA PLEASE HELP

Message 8 of 11 (3,086 Views)

Need for speed rivals ps4

★★★ Newbie
I have been having problems with the gears in need for speed rivals it doesn't hit the max rpm it keeps on shifting early and I can not play the game at all cause of this problem
Message 9 of 11 (3,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This * is still a thing, got the game 4 days ago and looks like I'm gonna have to deal with this *
Message 10 of 11 (2,793 Views)