Re: DirectX Error

★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem...

My specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium E6300 2.8 GHz

RAM: 6 GB

GPU: ATI Raedon HD4650 1024MB VRAM

Error message:

"DirectX function "CreatePixelShader for (null)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "ATI Raedon HD4600 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)", Driver: Unknown"

Message 81 of 253 (6,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Game crashes after intro movie ends.

Here's my specs:

Core i7-4770K

integrated HD Graphics 4600.  

8 GB RAM 2133 MHz

MSI - Z87 - G45 Gaming

2 TB HDD

All other games run fine includung all old versions of NFS except this one.

Thanks!

Screenshot : DirectX Error Window

Message 82 of 253 (6,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too receive this error message on my laptop : DirectX function "CreatePixelShader for (null)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000", Driver: Unknown

i am using windows 8 64 bit OS,intel hd graphics 3000,4 gb RAM,direct x 11 ..help me out please?

Message 83 of 253 (6,333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same one for me....

Intel core to due T6570

ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570

4GB RAM

Message 84 of 253 (6,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Have the same problem on my HD4570

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

Intel Core 2 Due T6570

4GB RAM

Message 85 of 253 (6,332 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Game always crashing with error "GetDeviceRemovedReason" in both version. Bug with flickering texture on mountains in version 64 bit.

I5 3350p

8 GB Ram

Msi Geforce GTX 650 TI Boost 2 Gb OC latest drivers

Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit all updates

Message 86 of 253 (6,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here ati redon gd 4650 

Message 87 of 253 (6,220 Views)

Hero

Pixel related DirectX issue as well. Hope you will find a solution soon. Have version 11 DX, 4gb Ati videocards, enough free space, enough ram. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The views expressed here are my own. I am not affiliated with EA
Message 88 of 253 (6,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I started getting the same problem it seems, although I can't see any erros. I only get black screen and sometimes it pops up that AMD driver stopped responding or something like that and i need to restart it since whole system frozes up. I also get BSOD sometimes but tha't because of Win7 TDR funciton. If i tinker with it I hget rid of BSOD but game still freezes and crashes drivers forcing me to restart it. All other games run fine except this.

EDIT: btw. It happens on HD7770. Tried both drivers 13.9 and latest 13.11 beta (clean install). No difference. I doubt we'l get perfomance/stability patch anytime soon if we even get one.

Message 89 of 253 (6,211 Views)

★★★★ Novice

try this my friends it solved my directx proplem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZWZHPzzWzU

http://www.mediafire.com/download/csvoyhy9tatcy0i/NFS14_fixed.rar

but still too slow Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 90 of 253 (5,983 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

The Directx Error “CreatePixelShader” has been investigated; however this error is not caused by the game.

In order to assist players who are experiencing this issue; we have brought together some workarounds and troubleshooting steps.

Make sure Windows and all the drivers are up-to-date.

Updating graphics driver

Reinstalling DirectX

If you have not tried yet please reinstall DirectX from the application available in the Game Folder.

By default the folder is located here:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Rivals\__Installer\directx\redist

Once you have opened the redist folder, sort the list by type so you can easily find DXSETUP.

This is an application - Double-click in order to reinstall DirectX and restart the computer.

Different error message

Some players are experiencing a different DirectX error, such as:

• DIG_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED or
  • DIG_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

If so, we recommend the following troubleshooting steps available in this message.

Workaround recommended by a community member

Please note: This method only works for the people who are having another graphic card installed in the computer.

Rsnaveenbaalaji   wrote:

Hi Bros, I hope this would solve the problem for people who are having secondary graphic card installed such as Nvidia, AMD, ATI etc.

Go to the My computer -> properties

Properties    -> Device Manager

In Device Manager, go to Display adapters, in that right click Intel(R)  HD graphics 3000 and then click disable and now run the NFS rivals and make sure that the another graphic card is enabled.

Please note : This method only works for the people who are having another graphic card installed in the computer.

This solved for me and NFS Rivals runs perfectly.I hope this solves for U people too.

Microsoft Support

How to install the latest version of DirectX

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com