DirectX Error

by wenjing6

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error

Community Manager (retired)

@FenrirApalis 

Make sure Windows and all the drivers are up-to-date.

1 - Updating graphics driver

2 - Reinstalling DirectX

If you have not tried yet please reinstall DirectX from the application available in the Game Folder.

By default the folder is located here:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Rivals\__Installer\directx\redist

Once you have opened the redist folder, sort the list by type so you can easily find DXSETUP.

This is an application - Double-click in order to reinstall DirectX and restart the computer.

3 - Different error message

Some players are experiencing a different DirectX error, such as:

• DIG_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED or
  • DIG_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

If so, we recommend the following troubleshooting steps available in this message.

4 - Workaround recommended by a community member

Please note: This method only works for the people who are having another graphic card installed in the computer.

Rsnaveenbaalaji   wrote:

Hi Bros, I hope this would solve the problem for people who are having secondary graphic card installed such as Nvidia, AMD, ATI etc.

Go to the My computer -> properties

Properties    -> Device Manager

In Device Manager, go to Display adapters, in that right click Intel(R)  HD graphics 3000 and then click disable and now run the NFS rivals and make sure that the another graphic card is enabled.

Please note : This method only works for the people who are having another graphic card installed in the computer.

This solved for me and NFS Rivals runs perfectly.I hope this solves for U people too.

5 - Microsoft Support

Message 221 of 262 (3,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Excuse me to interrupt here.

I'm A BF3 user with windows 8.1 x64 and I've got the dxgi error in starting my game.

Anyway I found an application named "frostbite fix" which fixes the BF3.exe file, then i could run the game smoothly.

I went to the app developer's blog(it's on sina blog website, http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6cb6c5530101kxpd.html) and read one page claimed that the dxgi error in this situation is caused by the special character "TM" (trade mark) in the bf3.exe window title, it seems not going well with Windows setting "current language for non-Unicode programs" for non-english language.

And in my situation, my system locale is Chinese Simplified.

However, after the very last PB update, this Frostbite Fixed bf3.exe could not pass PB's examination and i failed to get into game again.

Finally, my solution to this is setting my Windows system locale to English US.

I post my story here and hope it could help the players who suffer from the same.

At the same time, I think if an amatuer could fix this, you EA definitely would do it better.

Thanks.

Message 222 of 262 (3,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game not working. Give my money back, or fix this f****** error !!!!!!!!

Message 223 of 262 (3,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too

CPU 1.80

4GB RAM

HD 4000

Message 224 of 262 (2,973 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I only have 1 Graphic Card : NVIDIA GEFORCE 650

If you have no solutions to give to me , give my money back, it's a SHAME !!!!!

Message 225 of 262 (2,533 Views)

★★ Novice

@wenjing6 wrote:

Hello all,

I just received NFS Rivals in the mail today, since I preordered the disk version. I installed it, and went through everything, but when I launched the game, it came up with a DirectX error. The error is as follows: DirectX function "CreatePixelShader for (null)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000", Driver: Unknown

My PC specs are up to date, and they are at least at the minimum requirement. Is this error occuring because I do not have an NVidia or ATI video card?

Thanks in advance for the support.

I had this problem too.You have a graphics card right? Then update your graphics drivers.

The solution is to make the game work with AMD or Nvidia[whatever ur gfx card is] and not with intel.Now how to make it work.Simple

After u update ur driver take the catalyst control center and add an application to run.Mostly seen in option Switchable graphics application settings.

HOPE IT WORKS!!!!

Message 226 of 262 (2,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Was playing Battlefield 4 before i installed the NFS:Rivals without a problem. After i installed the Rivals im having problems in BF4 like crashing to desktop while loading or in game freezes etc etc. I am having the same Direct X problem. 

Just wondering.. Am i installed NFS:Rivals or installed a patch that gonna force me to buy a new graphics card or other hardware..

Message 227 of 262 (2,488 Views)

★ Novice

EA... Please give all of the players who face this issue a PRACTICAL solution.

Spent some money to buy a game that cannot be played... Fix that.

Can't wait anymore.

// Error message:

DirectX function "CreatePixelShader for (null)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "ATI Radeon HD 4600 series", Driver: 13.9

Message 228 of 262 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Whats going on with this? I dont understand, why hasn't such an old issue been fixed? Can you atleast tell us you wont be fixing it, so that we can get a refund. Why is everyone being kept in the dark. This is unacceptable.

Message 229 of 262 (2,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When i do that download, avg says that there's a Trojan Horse threat. so what now?

Message 230 of 262 (2,338 Views)