DirectX Error

by wenjing6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DirectX Error

★★★★★ Novice

Hello all,

I just received NFS Rivals in the mail today, since I preordered the disk version. I installed it, and went through everything, but when I launched the game, it came up with a DirectX error. The error is as follows: DirectX function "CreatePixelShader for (null)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000", Driver: Unknown

My PC specs are up to date, and they are at least at the minimum requirement. Is this error occuring because I do not have an NVidia or ATI video card?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Message 1 of 262 (110,661 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DirectX Error

Community Manager (retired)

The Directx Error “CreatePixelShader” has been investigated; however this error is not caused by the game.

In order to assist players who are experiencing this issue; we have brought together some workarounds and troubleshooting steps.

Make sure Windows and all the drivers are up-to-date.

Updating graphics driver

Reinstalling DirectX

If you have not tried yet please reinstall DirectX from the application available in the Game Folder.

By default the folder is located here:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Rivals\__Installer\directx\redist

Once you have opened the redist folder, sort the list by type so you can easily find DXSETUP.

This is an application - Double-click in order to reinstall DirectX and restart the computer.

Different error message

Some players are experiencing a different DirectX error, such as:

• DIG_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED or
  • DIG_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

If so, we recommend the following troubleshooting steps available in this message.

Workaround recommended by a community member

Please note: This method only works for the people who are having another graphic card installed in the computer.

Rsnaveenbaalaji   wrote:

Hi Bros, I hope this would solve the problem for people who are having secondary graphic card installed such as Nvidia, AMD, ATI etc.

Go to the My computer -> properties

Properties    -> Device Manager

In Device Manager, go to Display adapters, in that right click Intel(R)  HD graphics 3000 and then click disable and now run the NFS rivals and make sure that the another graphic card is enabled.

Please note : This method only works for the people who are having another graphic card installed in the computer.

This solved for me and NFS Rivals runs perfectly.I hope this solves for U people too.

Microsoft Support

How to install the latest version of DirectX

View in thread

Message 147 of 262 (48,020 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

same here with Hd 4570 ):

http://www.shy22.com/upfiljpg/cus14052.jpg

Message 2 of 262 (109,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 3 of 262 (109,081 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue with my game and my comp should be able to run NFS Rivals... Has anyone figured it out?? Standard smile

Message 4 of 262 (109,030 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here:

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/download/file.php?id=18784&mode=view

Has anybody find solution for this?

I realy want to play this game.

Message 5 of 262 (108,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here error messege

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz

Mainboard Model EP35-DS3R

DIMM1: OCZ Reaper HPC OCZ2RPR10662G

DIMM3: OCZ Reaper HPC OCZ2RPR10662G

Display adapter 
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Revision A1
Codename GF104
Technology 40 nm
Memory size 1024 MB

Message 6 of 262 (108,165 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here i have a ati 4670 1 gb  and i get the same messege from direct x 

Message 7 of 262 (108,125 Views)

★ Novice

Any Solution So far ??

have the same problem 

i think its the problem with drivers .. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 8 of 262 (107,354 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have similar error that says "DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason' failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be Investigated and fixed.")."

just after some digging in google i have found a solution. i have 64 bits pc and the default is to run in 64. but when i run it in 32bits (x86) no error for me.

Message 9 of 262 (107,327 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I disabled my graphic card driver and game started successfully, but after displaying intro it again showed error.So the problem is with graphic card and/or directX, but no solutions yet.

Message 10 of 262 (107,307 Views)