Re: DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED ("unsupported.") error with Need for Speed

by EA_Barry

Original Post

DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED ("unsupported.") error with Need for Speed Rivals

★★ Novice

I installed Need for Speed Rivals on my desktop pc with INTEL (R) G41 Express Chipset ( Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family 1406 MB  Memory and Win 7 32 bit. I've installed DirectX 11. I got error message: Failed creating D3D device of at least 10.0 on adapter " INTEL (R) G41 Express Chipset  "with driver "Unknown". Error is DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED("Unsupported.").  This is typically caused by not having the minimum required DirectX support in the GPU. For NVIDIA GPUs, DirectX 10.0 support is required. For AMD and GPUs from other vendors, DirectX 10.1 support is required.......

SOLUTION FAST..........

Message 1 of 21 (42,396 Views)

Re: DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED ("unsupported.") error with Need for Speed Rivals

★★★ Newbie

Download latest display driver from intel website! Standard smile https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Message 2 of 21 (41,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've just downloaded and install the last driver version and I still have the same issue (no update for my previous driver version).
Please let us know if this chipset support this game.

Many thanks!

Message 3 of 21 (37,373 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please upload a DXDiag Report,

To Gather DXDiag Info,

1) Press Win+R
2) In the run box type 'DXDiag' then hit enter
3) If you have a 64-bit PC click the button 'Run 64-bit DxDiag' (if you have a 32bit PC this option will not be avaliable)
4)Press 'Save All Information'
5) To share this file with me upload it to http://hastebin.com/ and share URL

Message 4 of 21 (37,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@RoYal_seeker-16 wrote:

I installed Need for Speed Rivals on my desktop pc with INTEL (R) G41 Express Chipset ( Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family 1406 MB  Memory and Win 7 32 bit. I've installed DirectX 11. I got error message: Failed creating D3D device of at least 10.0 on adapter " INTEL (R) G41 Express Chipset  "with driver "Unknown". Error is DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED("Unsupported.").  This is typically caused by not having the minimum required DirectX support in the GPU. For NVIDIA GPUs, DirectX 10.0 support is required. For AMD and GPUs from other vendors, DirectX 10.1 support is required.......

SOLUTION FAST..........

Message 5 of 21 (36,623 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Barakura76

This is an article published for Battlefield 3 and 4 but also applicable to Need for Speed Rivals.

Error: Dxgi_error_unsupported or dxgl.dll error

If you receive the error message: 'Dxgi_error_unsupported ' while trying to play Battlefield 3 or 4, there is likely a problem with your graphics card. 

The error message is triggered when your graphics card doesn't support DirectX 10/11. You may have the "software version" of DirectX 11 installed, but Battlefield requires this specific Direct X hardware support.

• Most Intel and laptop graphics cards fall in this unsupported category. Please refer to the minimum system requirements to determine what machines will run Battlefield.
  • Vista players need to upgrade to Service Pack 2 before installing DX11. 

Players may have success getting around this error by performing a Clean Install of their graphics drivers.
NVIDIA players can find directions on how to install the NVIDIA Display Driver directly from NVIDIA.
AMD players can find the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and further instructions from AMD's support site.

Message 6 of 21 (36,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem .But i am a nvidia user . i simply update my drivers and the game was run perfectly .

Message 7 of 21 (34,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i updated my driver but it still isnt working

Message 8 of 21 (27,532 Views)

Community Manager

@strazdinsLOL

Can you post your Dxdiag report as above please?

barry.png
Message 9 of 21 (27,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, I have this same message. pls check these system specs to see if i can run this game on low? and is this an amd card? what to do after running AMD uninstall? do u install anything else?

windows 7 64

acer

aspire 5733

bios: insideH2O version v1.08

intel r core tm i5cpu m 580 @ 2.67 ghz (4 cpu's), - 2.7ghz

memory: 6144mb ram

Message 10 of 21 (27,107 Views)