Car wont Drive?

by 7ydaar

Original Post

Re: Car wont Drive?

★★★ Newbie
This so bad day, I do not know who is the responsible for that where is he, where is the owner of need for speed why he did not anwer to this inquiry!!
Message 301 of 321 (1,103 Views)

★ Novice
I have tried this 4 times with no luck. Any other work around available?
Message 302 of 321 (1,085 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi  not sure what you did, but here's my successful workaround

Delete the game and patch (update)

Download it again

As the update is loading (notifications /downloads), delete the update file. Do not let it install

Once the main game file has finished downloading, unplug the network cable.

Install the game and play through cop and racer introductions

Only when you have completed the 2 intro sections plug your internet back in

The game will install SLOWLY. Takes an age.

Once it has installed, play as normal 

Good luck

Message 303 of 321 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My car will only go in reverse. It goes forward but only if I hit the N2O.

Message 304 of 321 (872 Views)

★★ Novice

I just bought a Need for Speed Rivals copy (Blu Ray, not digital) to PS4, and bought all the avaliable dlc´s for it. Installed the game, the patch and all dlc´s. For my surprise, i´m not able to get acceleration of the cars. The cars move slowly and change gears like they are in fuel economy mode. I erased all and installed again. Nothing. So, i called to EA customer assistance in Brazil in 08/17/2015. The assistent called Nuno said this: “Erase all NFS Rivals content in my PS4, switch off the internet, switch off the PS4. Turn on the PS4, install the game again with the Blu Ray, play cops and racer tutorials, save the game, switch of the PS4. So, switch on the internet, Switch on PS4, download the patch, install the patch and all will be working properly”. I did all of that for three times and not worked at all. I did two times using my PSN profile and one time as a guest. So, i contacted again EA Customer assistance in 08/18/2015. The assistent called Tiago sent me a e-mail with the adress of this topic and said to me: "Post your problem there, maybe developers can help you". So, here i am, kinda sad and worried because i bought a game that doesn´t work, after years launched. And happened with Need for Speed, the most legendary racing game. I have raced all of them, including the japanese Overdrivin Skyline! And i was very excited with Need for Speed Reboot, but now...someone can please help me? Thanks in advance.

Message 305 of 321 (828 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, sorry to bother you!
I have the same kind of problem with Need for Speed 2015. I purchased a Digital Copy and get only half the speed. Is there a solution for this? Because you need 'always online' to play, how can i play the first mission without being online? Thanks in advance!

Message 306 of 321 (668 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't know if you gonna get lucky because devs here, apparently, don't like to talk. I had a problem like yours and was caused by the R2 button of my DS4 controller. This was only responding with 80 or 90% of your original "force", even if you are pressing hard this button. Try another controller and tell me if it's helps. Sorry about my english.

Message 307 of 321 (660 Views)

EA DICE Team

@laudruppel

Like @Grijo_426hemi mentioned, I can confirm that this is being caused by your controller. We have received similar reports and have tested this internally. 

If you run into further issues, please post on the dedicated Need for Speed forums.

Message 308 of 321 (654 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks so much for taking out your time to clarify it. It was indeed the case!

Message 309 of 321 (647 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello Tom! Thanks for your kind reply. It was indeed the case with my controller. So strange, because i play alot of Fifa and i use the R2 button for sprint and it just works. Other games i don't have problems as well. I borrowed a controller from a friend of mine and....the speed is back up!
So wonderful, the first missions now winning at easy instead of finishing last with +- 20 seconds difference Wink

Time for me to buy a new controller :D

Message 310 of 321 (5,061 Views)